Clean 87 HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
There is no such thing as a 442/Hurst. It is either a 442 or a Hurst/Olds. Oldsmobile made the 442 in house, the Hurst/Olds was sent to Hurst Performance to finish the final touches and add their shifter into the car. Yes, the power sunroof was an option.

I know theyre different i just typed / rather then typing or.

i dont think hurst had sunroof as an option? i did some google research and found some 442's with them but no h/o's.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I like this car. We all know GM dropped the ball on a few models and a few model years and sometimes it takes the enthusiasts to fill in those blanks.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I know theyre different i just typed / rather then typing or.

i dont think hurst had sunroof as an option? i did some google research and found some 442's with them but no h/o's.
I have never seen a Hurst/Olds with a sunroof, T roof, yes. I was thinking 442, as that is what this car is.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I do like seeing the Euro front with the HO stripes. I plan on the same minus the top of fender stripe. May have to save that pic as a good reminder of where I'm going.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I guess it is a matter of whether you prefer originality or uniqueness? I'm all for saving these cars no matter what they do . . . well, except if he puts 24" spinners on it and then I have been known to get emotional. Then there is trying to combine originality with uniqueness by trying to modernize an otherwise stock looking 442 like I am. There would be some [probably some here that have been biting their tongues] that think not leaving my 442 completely original and the hell alone since it is only a 28K mile piece. But, like I've said, I'm keeping all the old parts if someone after I am dead and gone wants to make it slow and sluggish and float down the road on your big comfy sofa ride again . . .
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: 1 users

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
It's a G-Body, and it's well cared for by the owner who obviously has a passion for Oldsmobile! That's all that matters.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor