Cloyes vs Milodon vs other timing chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Sealed power will be fine for your build , I have used them many times in the past , never a issue . The quality control issues at comp cams is REAL ! I dont know whats going on over there but they are about to go into the abyss of the hot rod world if not gone already ! It has been rumored they started useing china blanks and other [ global components ] ! I really hated to hear that , i have used there products on many builds in the past . I know two guys that have had to pull cams in the last 6 months , one with lobe failure and valve spring issue and one with oiler issue on AMC engine. And a lot chatter about there customer service no longer being good .

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Well, a quick call to Milodon answered my question about their timing set. Was told it will work fine with the stock timing cover without modification, as well as with the oil slinger.

Will see when it all happens. Have access to all types, so if there's any trouble at all with the Milodon, the stock Cloyes will be used. Haven't heard much about the Milodon, so I'll report what is found with regard to it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The last two performance timing chains I bought for an Olds engine was a Cloyes double and a Hamburger's along with the Hamburger's oil pan and pump setup when Hamburger's was it's own entity. Yeah, guess it's been a while. I had NO issues with either set up and they were pretty accurate.

Stock rebuilds I uses Echlin and SP stock chain setups and have had absolutely no issues.

I also have a stock NOS GM setup with the nylon/aluminum cam gear I got with another box of NOS engine parts one time. Probably won't be using that setup though. Maybe if I flipped an Olds somewhere. That's danger waiting to happen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor