Cluster change manual

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
There is s printable manual for cutlasses to change from base cluster to rally cluster that tells you what to repin what, what sending units you need etc.

Is there something like that for monte carlos. My ls has the base dash with no tach or guages and i am getting a ss cluster. With tach and guages.

Any body done this and have any tips/tricks/advice

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used an SS gauge/tach dash in my '81 Malibu wagon. I had to re-pin quite a few of the wires. It was easy with having both wiring diagrams [gauge/idiot lights] handy so all I had to do was follow the color codes.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Here is a link to a YouTube video from Classic GBody Garage that may have the information for the Oldsmobile swap.

Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Here is a link to a YouTube video from Classic GBody Garage that may have the information for the Oldsmobile swap.
I have the manual for the oldsmobile and have done it. I was wondering if something like that was available for montes

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I have the manual for the oldsmobile and have done it. I was wondering if something like that was available for montes
Sorry about that I miss read your post.
I have done a few Monte Carlo gauge dash swaps. Aside from the sending units you heed the gauge housing with the printed circuit. you will have to add the Tach wire and filter I also always added the 10ohm resistance wire to excite the alternator into charging. This is my go to for the pin outs.

Wire Diagram.png

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Sorry about that I miss read your post.
I have done a few Monte Carlo gauge dash swaps. Aside from the sending units you heed the gauge housing with the printed circuit. you will have to add the Tach wire and filter I also always added the 10ohm resistance wire to excite the alternator into charging. This is my go to for the pin outs.

View attachment 231984
Thank you thats what i was looking for.
I am supposed to be getting the whole ss dash and cluster this weekend. So in theory repin the plug per the sheet and pick up senders for guages when i put the engine in, and i should be good
Thanks again

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor