Coilover spring rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2009
Got a question. Purchased a set of Viking front coilovers for my Cutlass. 450# spring rate. Put them on and now the car sits about 2 inches too high. I've adjusted the coilover to lower the ride height but no avail. Car has a Buick GN v6. Are these springs too stiff? The car is being used in autocross.

Captain Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2009
No clue how that happened. Didn't mean to.

Viking hasn't said anything yet. Just thought I'd see what other GN guys are running with.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have not seen anyone here with a GN running the Viking set up. UMI has a set to put on their Green Machine and shanghaismith installed the Vikings on his Olds...

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Sent and email to my Rep and Vi-king. I hope to hear back very soon hopefully they will shed from light on this issue.

Thanks
James

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
Which kit did you order(Drag, Handling, xtreme-light,) ?With it being a V6 you may have needed to go with the 350# spring.

Thanks
James

Captain Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2009
Hey James,

Thanks for the help! I keep getting mixed responses from other outlets. Some say 450# is fine, others say that is way to stiff for a v6.

Viking actually just got back to me saying the 450# is not correct for a V6. So off with these and back to Viking with them, and a set of 350# on the way.

I'm just so confused because then again, so many V6 GN guys are saying they have 450# springs on thiers and they are running fine.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Eibach springs have a spring rate of 660 and they sell the same springs for all G bodies no matter what engine the car came with. Here's the listing for the 3803-140 Eibach springs...1978-1987 GM A/G-Body: Buick Regal, Grand National, Century / Oldsmobile Cutlass / Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino / Pontiac Grand Prix, LeMans, Grand Am

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
yeah I spoke to my rep and they said that 350 is V6 spring.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor