Color change

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Have black carpet coming from a Christmas present. So I figured I better start dyeing the rest of the interior. I uses duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray with there adhesion promoter. I'm really happy with the results. So I wanted to post pictures of the results on here for those that might be thinking about it. Here's the before and after.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Looks like a pretty good result. How much prep is involved? About how long did it take?

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Looks like a pretty good result. How much prep is involved? About how long did it take?
Removal of the dash is kind of time consuming. That took me about 3 hours, but it was the first time Ive done it. So there was a learning curve. I wasn't rushing any thing, but I have about 6hrs. cleaning and painting. You could knock it all out in a weekend if u stay at it.
As far as prep I start with warm water and dish soap to cut the years of grit and grime. Next I mix alcohol and water in a spray bottle, and spray the part down really well. I've heard people in the past day that alcohol evaporates to fast to do any good, so mix it with water. I don't know if it slows it down but it's my theory. Then I always make sure to use the adhesion promoter as directed on the label. Finally I paint the part.
IMO prep is what determines final result. So take your time cleaning. No special tools just elbow grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor