Column Cable Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I’ll be fabbing up a yoke/cable/bracket for mine that pulls over top of the column. I don’t have enough room in the stock location to run a coat hanger........much less the factory rod or a cable.

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
I’ll be fabbing up a yoke/cable/bracket for mine that pulls over top of the column. I don’t have enough room in the stock location to run a coat hanger........much less the factory rod or a cable.
Would you mind posing some pictures when you get it done? That sounds pretty interesting. Are you routing it on the driver side of the brake booster?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada

I wonder if replacing the body mounts might fix your problem?

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Would you mind posing some pictures when you get it done? That sounds pretty interesting. Are you routing it on the driver side of the brake booster?

Will do and yes. I’m looking at the Ididit kit but the cable mount will need to be made since theirs won’t work on my column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor