Column / ignition cylinder fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
before you do that I would check the wires to make sure your getting power where and when you should be

The bottom pic is the back up light switch, older cars used it for neutral start too. Pic above that is the headlight dimmer, works with a rod like the ignition switch. Pic above that is the ignition switch that you should be able to start the car with. When you push it to "run" and the dash comes on, push it farther for "start". It is spring loaded to return to "run". Pic above that might be cruise control. Last pic at top I don't know but the orange wire suggests something hot at all times like the brake light switch or courtesy light. The harness to the left it is for the wipers. If you can push the ignition switch to "start" and it doesn't, something else is wrong, but try it first. After all, that's what the bums were trying to do when they tried stealing the car.

So because I'm totally comfortable admitting when I'm a dumb *ss...For some reason i was thinking the headlight switch was the starter actuator... :blam: ...Wait you just push the switch further...who woulda thunk. Eff me.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor