Compressed Air Powerd Car To Be Sold In US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I'll also add that the 3rd and 4th generation F bodies were great "Driver's cars". Because of their great handling and acceleration? Naah. It's just that the driver was the only person who could be comfortable in the car! I mean, most companies succeed in making sporty coupes that have uncomfortable back seats. Only GM could make one that has an uncomfortable front passenger's seat as well. Whoever designed that floor pan hump was a genius. It ensured that the car would never be used for car pooling since no one wants to be a passenger in a F body!

Hahahahaha I just dont like the lack of logic used in the design of the car.
Its unibody, with a rear suspension that makes transmission swaps to anything but a camaro trans, more work then its worth.
Its just a total fail in my eyes.
I don't see what is so wrong with a good frame?
I dunno camaros after the 2nd gens are as dissapointing to me as GM bringing back the monte carlo as a bubble car with fwd and a 6 cyl.

it makes me as mad as nascar putting a FWD car body on a RWD chassis.

Anyways hahahah lets get back on topic. Nice to knwo we share some common thoughts :D
I Love this site more and more .

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
As far as hating GM goes, I kinda do now. Everything they make is big, bloated and poor quality. I like my G body, but it is probably the last GM product that I would consider owning. Everything since is not very well put together, and usually FWD. The creaky, cheap plastics used on the interiors really kill GM cars for me. They may very well make good stuff now, but I wouldn't notice it. No one I know drives new American cars, and none of my friends would even consider buying one. If I was to buy something new, It would be a Nissan, Honda or Toyota. Non union labor costs less and that money can be put into a comparably better product.

It's all perception thinking that foreign cars are better-you're just buying into the hype. It's OK to be a Nissan nut swinger but don't think their service guys are sitting around drinking coffee all day. You can find good and bad in all makes, depending on how you look at it and what your friends say.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you know something, when i was a tow driver i almost never towed a GM car newer than 1993. a bunch of trucks and suburban for the fuel pump cutting out though.
even as a mechanic we didn't work on GM 4cyl's too often (especially the ECOTEC's), we did a number of v6 water pumps and intake gaskets though. those, fuel pumps, and bearings are the only real problems i ever saw on GM's. of course they were pretty common.
i was constantly towing honda's and fords with some toyota's though.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, I go off of what I have seen from people I have known who have had different cars, and what I see in the U pull it yards. I never see ANY Frontiers or 2000+ Sentras, but yet I see 2005 Cobalts, 2003 S-10's, Malibus, etc. with minor damage junked quite often. I have 285k on my Nissan, and have never known one to go less than 200k with minimal service. I have seen plenty of GM products die from electrical and mechanical problems in my line of work. We tend to laugh at anyone who drives a Cavalier because they are just so bad. At my work, we have 2 Acura's, 3 Nissan's, 2 Hyundai's, 3 Honda's a Mitsubishi and 2 Fords as regular delivery cars. No one uses a GM or Chrysler product on a regular basis. Down here, domestics are a dying breed. No one seems to buy them new anymore except for the elderly, rental car companies and state agencies, and the roads are full of imports. The only exception being large trucks and SUV's, but even there Toyota Tundra's and Nissan Titans seem to be very popular and gaining ground. As far as I am concerned, GM can and should die. It no longer produces anything of real value except for over-paid union jobs. In order for me to like GM again, they would have to terminate ALL UAW workers, and move their means of production to right to work states then demolish their old factories. The union employees could then be black listed and forbidden from ever working for GM again. All new employees would have to sign some sort of exclusionary agreement wherein they would be immediately terminated without recourse for even speaking of a union. After all, their value is not much more than a Mc Donalds burger flipper, and they should be paid likewise. I figure $8.50-11 an hour should be more than enough for someone doing unskilled labor like manufacturing work. No retirement, medical 100% paid for by the employee, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor