Confirmed: Bleach in my gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
if karma don't get the scumbag, send him my way... hand gun? :roll: I've got a 16 gauge for him... don't worry, I won't kill him, but it'd be hard for a mechanic to make ends meet without his hands.....

454, you're def a better man than me, especially after all the time and money invested... hope everything works out.

Scott183

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2010
North Shore, Massachusetts
MrHernandez said:
people like that need to be ****ed in the *ss with a rusty 3'' exhaust pipe
Tell us how you really feel... :rofl:

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I'm glad you are getting it figured out although it sucks at the same time. I really hope for your sake, after everything else, there isn't any damage done to the internals of the motor.

And on a side note, i think this makes the second person that was blaming 10% ethanol for their problems. Then found out it was something else altogether. See, ethanols not that bad, lol.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
cdg1984 said:
why did the dude pour bleach in your tank?
In a nutshell: My bodyshop guy sat on the car for 9 months (starting in Jan. 2009) after I pre-paid him more than $15G (through several deposits) to do the custom bodykit and paint. Finish date was supposed to be prior to May 24 weekend. Then he leaves for vacation in August, and the car was not close to being done (he worked on other people's rides). I finally got fed up and wanted the car out of there before he got back. Didn't happen. I did get the car out the day AFTER he got back. Got the car out to my mechanic's shop for the air ride installation (me mechanic is a great guy, he builds and races a Mustang).

It was when he came back from vacation that he dumped the bleach in there, before I could get the car out, out of spite. I asked for my money back and of course, he wouldn't give me any. He's a person that doesn't believe in God, doesn't respect anyone, not even his wife or her son, talks like a complete ******* about everyone behind everyone's back and if he could weasel an extra few hundred $$$ out of someone, he does it without hesitation. LIke he did to me. He doesn't give a sh*t about taxes, the government, laws, etc etc.. Nuff said. He still has the front plate from my engine bay. I still need to get my sh*t out of there.

jrm81bu said:
I'm glad you are getting it figured out although it sucks at the same time. I really hope for your sake, after everything else, there isn't any damage done to the internals of the motor.

And on a side note, i think this makes the second person that was blaming 10% ethanol for their problems. Then found out it was something else altogether. See, ethanols not that bad, lol.

Ethanol was innocent after all, yes.

If the motor does in fact sustain damage, I don't think I'll be able to keep my cool any longer. I honeslty don't know what I'll do. :cry:

Edit: Actually I'm gonna do a pressure test. I remember the engine being flooded when it wouldn't start last year. If the pistons or rings are corroded, I'll know about it. If that's the case :evil: and I never make another post on the forum............ you'll know why.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Well, I can only say that I applaud your level headed attitude. But, where I come from, people like that end up in the hospital or, if theyre lucky, they might just get a one way ticket out of town. I would sue the b*st*rd and hit him where it hurts, his wallet! Proving it may be difficult, but its worth a try. maybe talk to a lawyer and see if it has any merit.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I see. Well if it was me I would be looking into taking legal action. If that was a no go, I would take matters into my own hands.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
QUESTION for all you guys

QUESTION for all you guys:

I'm getting my new fuel pump in the next day or two (hopefully Tuesday). Gas tank is flushed and fuel lines clean. Fuel rails flushed and cleaned out and fuel injectors professionally clean/tested as you know -- so all will be squeaky clean and brand new.

Here's the question:

In the times I ran the engine (maybe a total of 4 hours or so of run time, at idle, never driven yet), whenever it warmed up (about 15 minutes or so) there is some blowby smoke coming out of the oil breather caps. Not a huge amount, but a "noticable" amount, here and there. Is this normal? Is this expected from a new crate motor?

I'm wondering if there is any damage to the engine -- is it possible? And if so, how could I tell (without taking it apart). Remember, this is a crate motor with 2 year unlimited mile warrantee and of course, the warrantee is void now.

Piston rings ?
Cylinder walls?
Valve seals?

I am gonna get a compression test done. And then it will get dynoed and I'll see the HP/TQ numbers.

But from what I have to go by at the moment, what are your opinions? Oh and there is no black smoke/oil in the exhaust, just white smoke at cold start which clears up.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
with only 4 hours of run time i doubt your pistons rings are fully seated, most of that should stop around the 500 mile mark that engine is still new so give it some time

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Like already stated, it could just be that the rings haven't seated yet. I would rather do a leakdown test instead of a compression test. You could do a compression test now, just to try to rule out any major problems, then put some miles on it and do a leakdown test afterwards.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Thanks for the info guys. It's comforting at least.

Here is the results of the new fuel pump. It's finally alive and she runs like a champ!!!

Full story here in my build thread!

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor