what brand of gas are you using

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
It all comes out of the same pipeline. Doesn't much matter.

Nov 4, 2012
All the gas around here comes from the same bulk facility. The individual brands mix their proprietary additives in at that facility, but the bulk gasoline is all the same. That said, I try to go to newer stations that have the newest (hopefully cleanest, not deteriorating) underground tanks, as well as busy stations so they have fresh gasoline.

Usually winds up being Sam's Club or Costco.

Reactions: 2 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
The blending, diluting, transport, and storage all changes the quality. Gas stations down here by the beach can end up with water/salt intrusion after floods from Hurricanes or storms, heck even in the middle of the state.

All the time gas stations are shut down here because the state inspects and finds the tanks to be hazardous, leaking, corroded, whatever and they never re-open because they can't afford to replace the holding tanks(Excuse at least).

It seems about once a year in the news there's a local gas station that gets put on blast by regular customers having vehicle issues. And, the news stations even hire private analysis companies regularly to take samples from different places.

All kinds of nonsense goes on with the gas before it goes in to our vehicles.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The blending, diluting, transport, and storage all changes the quality. Gas stations down here by the beach can end up with water/salt intrusion after floods from Hurricanes or storms, heck even in the middle of the state.

All the time gas stations are shut down here because the state inspects and finds the tanks to be hazardous, leaking, corroded, whatever and they never re-open because they can't afford to replace the holding tanks(Excuse at least).

It seems about once a year in the news there's a local gas station that gets put on blast by regular customers having vehicle issues. And, the news stations even hire private analysis companies regularly to take samples from different places.

All kinds of nonsense goes on with the gas before it goes in to our vehicles.
Used to be similar stories down the docks when a tanker holding refined gas came in. The same ship would see branded trailers for multiple gas companies depending on whether they were getting the best of the load, or the leftovers that would have more sediments and water settled into it.

There's multiple reasons why the discount companies can sell at the prices they do

Reactions: 1 users

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
i guest you could be right. my problem is if you fill your tank up, and the gas is bad your car or truck will run like crap until you run it out. are if you are out of town checking out a car show are something and you fill up with bad gas before hitting the road and you have to travel a couple of hours to get home it could be a problem. I'm paying over 4 buck a gal, at that price the gas should be good.
I'm just lucky i learn that using a red bottle of Heet helps get rid of the moisture, i make sure to keep a bottle in the trunk. it works

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor