GBOTM CONGRATS 79 USA 1 - Aug. '20 - Original Dealer Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Congratulation Mr 79; That has to be the original paint? looks good in photo. Take care, Ole' Bob.

Thanks Bob, Yes about 65% is original paint. she had some work in the right side front fender and rear 1/4 panels. Also still has the holes in the rear bumper from the New York City oversized bumper guards as well the previous owner removed the "Hens teeth" chrome mylar strips from both the front and rear bumpers.

Very nice ride! It could be GBOTM, without being in a dealer badge sub category. 🏆
Thanks!
Congratulations, very nice Monte!
Thank You!

Sorry for my delay on responses after being bestowed a great honor.

Just a little back story:
My Dad was very much the person responsible for pushing me to purchase this car back in 2016, He knew I was looking to replace my black 79 Monte Carlo that the New York winters took their toll on. Funny he had the car hauler hitched to my F250 and a suitcase packed ready to get the car from Colorado and bring it back to New York, despite his failing health. I had the car shipped here and he did go to meet the shipper just off the Thruway to save them time and give Dad the chance to ride with me to "Pick up the car". Sadly I lost Dad in January of 2018 but a new job came front and center....Caring for Mom who was battling Dementia. For the past two years the car has been my escape ,Finding dealership information, polishing weathered paint, adding small items to a now 15000 mile time capsule. Mom lost her battle with Dementia on August first and really have not spent much time on the computer since her passing. That will change now.

Just as a side note, Take time for family and friends, Take lots of pictures and never refuse to spend time with loved ones.......You may never get that chance ever again.
I apologize for being absent and again Thank everyone for their kind words. I am proud to be member of the G Body family.
Bob S.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bob,
Once again, congratulations on your GBOTM win this month, it was well deserved. Also, thank you for sharing a little back story about the car and how you acquired it. I can truly understand what you've gone thru with your aging parents and their health issues. Once we reach a certain age, this is what we have to encounter in life. It's never easy dealing with their health issues and ultimately losing them. We're never prepared for that episode in life.

So, what I want to say is, there's no need to apologize. Life does get in the way sometimes.
We tend to take things and people too much for granted...like the misconception that people that we love will be there forever.
You're a good member and we appreciate you being here...at least I do....;)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor