GBOTM Congrats Norman! May '18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Awesome! It looks like it has never been driven. As if!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Norman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks all, I humbly accept. I have always had a passion for the Gbody platform (Malibu 1979 - 1981) For many years I searched for an acceptable car in need of little restoration meaning minimum rust. A few years ago in Baltimore at Crazy Rays there sat a rust free 1979 Malibu with minimal body damage, I inquired and literaly begged for the car to be sold with a salvage title but the answer was no. The search went on but prices rose quickly as the cars became more desirable. Last year I saw this Malibu in PA and inquired about it, the pictures were of low quality but I drove 4 hours to check it out knowing PA cars are subjected to salty winters. Arriving at a mom and pop car used car lot located on a busy secondary road the car took my breath away. The car was being sold on consignment and after a little haggling I purchased the car and picked it up the same weekend. The car is one owner all original with minimal surface rust on the under carriage. It has 62K on the clock and a clean car fax. Its truly a time capsule as stated. The car was rust proofed evident by the orange plugs where holes were drilled into the rockers. I have seen these cars being sold in good condition for 10 - 11K, the car was purchased for $4500.00. I intend to keep it original looking and have since bagged it with Ride Tech products. The V6 engine runs well, trans shifts firm and the AC (converted) blows cold. Sadly my other projects are now being neglected. "Big Ups" to the Gbody Forum and all the members for their kind comments and a Shout Out to "Timo" (supplied Blazer brake parts, front rear sway bars, etc...) and others who have advised me. Thank you all again for the selection.

Respectfully
Norman

Reactions: 3 users

MALIBU'D OUT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 2, 2016
That car is Beautiful Norm. I have a 1981 Malibu did I have been restoring for the past year and that is my Malibu goal, thanks for sharing in Norm

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Your decision to keep it stock in appearance with mechanical upgrades is a good one. They're only original once...(y)
Great score overall.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Congratulations Norman! Evey time I see the picture it thrusts me back in time. Retaining stock appearance seems like a very good idea?? I thought my original paint was good (?) but a few here out shine mine for sure. Enjoy your month in the sun. Ole' Bob.
Ps: If & when mine sells stay tuned as I may have some OE parts that you may need or want.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor