Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
Congrats!!! Beautiful ride!!

Reactions: 1 user

Wedonthaveit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
SI, NY
I would like to thank all my Pontiac family and everyone else who isn't perfect and owns some other brand of G- Body!!! LOL!!!
Thank you people!!!!! Thank you GP403!!!!!

Anyone goin to Ocean City this weekend???

Last edited:

Wedonthaveit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
SI, NY
Congratulations! That's one of the finest looking Lemans I've ever seen. Very tastefully done. (y)(y)
Could you tell us about the car?...What's been done to it?

It's a 79 Grand Am with a Pontiac 400, .030 over, #31 cyl heads ported and built by Butler Performance, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, FAST EZ EFI, TH 400 trans with some good stuff done to it, GN rear with 3.90 gears and True Trac posi.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's a 79 Grand Am with a Pontiac 400, .030 over, #31 cyl heads ported and built by Butler Performance, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, FAST EZ EFI, TH 400 trans with some good stuff done to it, GN rear with 3.90 gears and True Trac posi.
It sounds like you have all the right stuff...plus it's Pontiac powered. Hat's off to you sir.
I didn't realize that it's actually a Grand Am...my apologies for that oversight. I love Grand Ams.

I see that you're in Staten Island. How do you keep that car so nice living in NY?
I had a few friends that lived in SI years ago....and a girl friend back in high school that lived up in Lighthouse Hill. It was very rural back then. I used to live on the Brooklyn side of the Verrazano bridge.

Reactions: 2 users

Wedonthaveit

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 16, 2019
SI, NY
It sounds like you have all the right stuff...plus it's Pontiac powered. Hat's off to you sir.
I didn't realize that it's actually a Grand Am...my apologies for that oversight. I love Grand Ams.

I see that you're in Staten Island. How do you keep that car so nice living in NY?
I had a few friends that lived in SI years ago....and a girl friend back in high school that lived up in Lighthouse Hill. It was very rural back then. I used to live on the Brooklyn side of the Verrazano bridge.

TY. LOL. Car has been in the garage for a couple of years after the paint. Just got it together. Didn't really start driving it yet. LOL. I've been in SI since I'm 4. Moved here in '76 from Brooklyn.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
TY. LOL. Car has been in the garage for a couple of years after the paint. Just got it together. Didn't really start driving it yet. LOL. I've been in SI since I'm 4. Moved here in '76 from Brooklyn.
Do they still have cruise-ins at Master's parking lot? I think it was on Richmond Ave. You do sound a bit younger than me. I remember driving over the Verrazano Bridge (when it first opened) with a few friends in a '57 Pontiac convertible.
I guess you can do the math...LOL!
I also remember Stucker's Foreign junk yard. That was a long time ago. They had a great supply of foreign car parts...and they were very reasonable.

Reactions: 1 user

Don57

Apprentice
Apr 12, 2009
St. John's, NL
Congrats Wedonthaveit! That's two months in a row I was a runner-up. What's that saying "always a bridesmaid"! LOL Seriously......….you have a very fine example of a powerful Grand Am. And what I wouldn't give to have your running gear! Mine is a stock 185 hp 400 from a 76' Trans Am. BTW......….I'm not familiar with the #31 cylinder heads...….what kind of compression do you get from them? All the best......my friend...…...enjoy that nice ride.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor