Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Hi,

My car has this sticker in the trunk lid,

congressional.png

Does anyone know what you are referring to?

Thanks in advance,

Waldo.

Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Probably the dealership name it originally was sold at? Just my guess, I'm sure others will chime in if it has a different meaning.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looks like that was an Oldsmobile dealership in Rockville, Maryland. That was where the first owner bought your car.

Reactions: 1 user

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Looks like that was an Oldsmobile dealership in Rockville, Maryland. That was where the first owner bought your car.

Maybe, but in Chile for a lot of years is not legal to import a used car....only a person who live 1 year in other country or live in a extreme location in Chile, who need to conserv the car for a 5 years to "liberate" and sale.

Someone tell me, it is possible who United States congress has a aniversary in 1978 and oldsmobile who sale a "special" car for this date....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Maybe, but in Chile for a lot of years is not legal to import a used car....only a person who live 1 year in other country or live in a extreme location in Chile, who need to conserv the car for a 5 years to "liberate" and sale.

Someone tell me, it is possible who United States congress has a aniversary in 1978 and oldsmobile who sale a "special" car for this date....

those are the current rules but what were the rules back in 78, the 80's and 90's. That is a typical badge that dealerships put on the cars they sold

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
those are the current rules but what were the rules back in 78, the 80's and 90's. That is a typical badge that dealerships put on the cars they sold

In this years, Chile has a Military Administration, the law has a more rigid !!! The democratic ( but not more equal to all people), come in 1990....

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My guess, and it is a guess, is that your car was shipped to Chile by and for the use of the US government. Rockville, Maryland is essentially a suburb of Washington DC. The car was purchased from Congressional Oldsmobile and then likely shipped from the nearby port of Norfolk Virginia. That is a dealer tag on your car. It is not a trim package or commemorative edition.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My guess, and it is a guess, is that your car was shipped to Chile by and for the use of the US government. Rockville, Maryland is essentially a suburb of Washington DC. The car was purchased from Congressional Oldsmobile and then likely shipped from the nearby port of Norfolk Virginia. That is a dealer tag on your car. It is not a trim package or commemorative edition.

If that is what happened then this thread has to be locked cause GP403 does not allow politics in the forum...:p

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor