Contemporary Hot Rodding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
It's neat that new cars are fast, but it's become more difficult to achieve relevant performance on a smaller budget. I'm including modifications to your car's structural integrity when I say that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I am sick of going to a car show and now days it looks like a new car dealer's lot. We sit there with our 38 year old El Camino that we built against a sea of $75,000 to over $100,000 cars.:wtf::bs:(n)(n)(n)(n):mad::mad::mad::doh::doh::doh::roll::roll::roll::puke:

I know what you mean. One show a few years ago in Prescott AZ there were about 2-3 dozen new Challengers and Chargers lined up like a dealer lot. At first I thought a local dealer was a sponsor but it was just participants cars.

I know the local auto show that was weekly at a hamburger place back in the 1980’s had restrictions on what years were allowed to avoid a parking lot full of “new” IROC’s, 5.0 Mustangs, etc.

ADABD109-A54F-4660-8F61-AF7FE95A764A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You guys would love our Hines Drive Cruise - It's approx. 10mi's long through Hines park and if your car isn't 25 years or older you ARE NOT getting in. Google it - great pic's

hineslogo175.jpg
hinesheader.png

Home
hineslogo-graysm.gif

Get Ready for Cruisin' Hines 2018!
Join the Fun!
August 26, 2018
9:00 am - 6:00 pm

2017 Cruisin' Hines Shirt

2017 Cruisin' Hines Program

Entrance for Cruisin' Hines - Ford Rd. & E.N. Hines Dr.

No Entry at Ann Arbor Trail, Merriman Road, or Outer Drive.
Click Here for Map and More Information

Just a few rules . . .
  • E.N. Hines Dr. closed for all except Classic Cars/Trucks, 25 years & older. Click HERE for a full description of allowed cars.
  • Park opens at 9am for Cruisers.
  • Cruisers must enter at Ford Road. No entry at Ann Arbor Trail / Nankin Mills or Merriman Rd.
  • Spectators can park at Merriman Rd., Telegraph Rd. and Warrendale, but may not drive onto E.N. Hines Drive.
    ** Note for Spectators: Parking is limited. Once these lots are full, spectators will need to park off-site.**
  • The pavilions will be open to the public. Vendors will be there with food and event goodies.
  • All State of Michigan rules apply.
  • All park and motor vehicle laws apply.
  • No motorcycles, mini-bikes, or golf carts.
  • Bicycles must use the bike path or follow State of Michigan bicycle laws. No passing on the right. Follow the flow of traffic.
  • Zero tolerance for burn-outs, drunk driving. No racing starts.
  • No passing. No parking on the paved shoulder. Paved shoulder must be left clear for emergency traffic.
  • No unapproved commercial banners.
  • No unapproved vendors or commercial vehicles
  • Questions? Contact Don Nicholson at [email protected] or 734-658-5296.
Don't have a Classic, but still want to be a part of Cruisin' Hines?
Become a Cruisin' Hines Volunteer!

Click here for the
2017 Cruisin' Hines Map

Look for your
greensign.gif

Green Signs
at any Official
Hines T-Shirt Vendor
Located along the Cruise.

Download
2018 Vendor Form
Here
Download
2018 Club Registration Form
Here

Everybody's Talking about the Hines Drive Cruise!
Are you coming? What will you be driving?
Tell us about it!

colorbar.gif

colorbar.gif

cat2.gif

colorbar.gif

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
What programs did they use to make and spell check that document? I love that font...

It was hand written and drawn and run through a copy machine.
1982 high tech! lol

When it started to really take off the newsletter went to 4 pages with ads. Cruise night is still going strong today! Nice to know I was there in the beginning. That is probably the only thing I miss from back home since moving to AZ in 91.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not caused by a series of cheque book paper cuts.

2018-03-04 18.27.30.jpg

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
What programs did they use to make and spell check that document? I love that font...

Its called "Sign Painter" font as in an actual guy who makes a living painting signs wrote it out. I know a few sign painters and they all write exactly like that. They don't misspell words because it cuts into their profits.

Also, security must not be very good at Hines Park. 2018 - 1997 is < 25.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You guys know I was joking right? Right?!? Heh...

I cut my teeth doing "triangle-style" lettering by hand on blueprints at a very young age and through University... it still influences my hand-writing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor