Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Yes, they sell Johnny Lightning's and yes this is part of my collection. Thanks Jack.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes, they sell Johnny Lightning's and yes this is part of my collection. Thanks Jack.
Thank you, Tom.
I have noticed Walmart selling some Johnny Lightning cars, but very limited choices.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
I clearly have not lived my life with appropriate priorities . . . and I'm 60!

Seriously, I had NO idea all these even existed . . .

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
D,
I'm totally impressed...and in love with your collection of diecast cars. :love:
For instance, where did you find the '50's Oldsmobiles? Many of your cars I didn't think they even made.

Sorry Jack, somehow I missed your response.

The cars were acquired from many different spots, lots from hobby stores but just as many from department stores (Walmart) and specialty shops as well. The 50’s Oldsmobile’s were definitely the hardest ones to find, but they’re also among the more cheaply made.

The Crown Jewels of the collection are the Highway 61 cars, they’re so realistic it’s almost unbelievable. Carpet in the interiors, vinyl mats in the trunks, seat backs that tilt forward, sun visors that flip down, and antennas that telescope out of the fenders. Even the suspensions and hoods have real springs in them, and the hoods and doors articulate just like the real thing. Valve stems on the wheels, and wires in the engine compartments, you’d swear the damn thing could start right up. Truly astonishing for a 1:18th scale die cast.

Back when I bought them, they weren’t cheap starting at around $100 and up per car, but with the realism and detail that’s in them, they’re well worth it IMO. I also have the Hurst Hairy Oldsmobile with its twin blown 425’s, that one started at double the price of the regular Highway61 cars.

*Edit It looks like Greenlight Toys acquired Highway61 collectables back in 2017.

Greenlight’s homepage, but I didn’t see any Oldsmobiles in the Highway61 section.

Looks like there’s lots available online though, including some of the 1950’s cars that I don’t have any of.
Yet. 😏

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I am the same way, I have a bunch of 1:18 stashed away at my parents house. When I first got the Monte I saw the dub 1:24 that I liked in almost the same blue as my GTO, almost pulled the trigger on it but decided not to because it wasn't 1:18. Been waiting to finish the garage off and bring the die casts to live out there

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks D,
The Highway 61 die casts sound awesome. To be able to add that level of detail and authenticity is absolutely incredible. I can't say that I've ever come across them before. Thank you for your suggestions....and of course, sharing your awesome collection with the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor