MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Also, I really need better brakes and fast.

200.gif

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
OMC, you live in East BeJesus and the track is in West BeJesus. So what's the reason you aren't there regularly????

Too many f*cking projects eating both my time and money. I just finished coaching baseball for the year so I should have more capacity.

Plus, getting this car back together was a huge priority. It's done-ish now... so I can play with a clear conscience.

I just took it for a boot after turning up the duty cycle on the wastegate and got it up to 11psi, then I turned it up some more when I parked it. Hoping for 13psi. It should be tuned a bit better for the track.

The right front tire is kissing the fender liner ever so slightly. Gotta fix that and mount up the drag radials.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You never answered my question about intake temps. Where are they cruising and at 11psi? What meth pump/controller? How much meth volume ya think?

And Hell Yeah! to the drag radials!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

Feel lucky

I'm jealous your track actually runs and has T&T events so you don't get shoved in the peon lanes during the 8 kajillion bracket race classes and have zero idea when to run and maybe sneak in 3 passes.

All I want is a 1/4 mile T&T for Saturday or Sunday. Blargh.

My home track used to run 1 T&T focused weekend from May-Sept every month, but that was +10yrs ago and 2 owners ago. The new owner only cares about driftng, they are only running the track at 1/8 mile this year because 'car counts are low' (of course the counts are low when you are never open).

1657290999250.png

The other track thats somewhat close doesn't have squat scheduled and the only T&T times run 12noon to 7pm on Friday, so you have to take a day off work since nothing is scheduled for the weekend. Lame.

1657291221096.png

Yeah I'm salty....

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Re-test fitting the drag radials. Bit tight. Time to solve for X.

PXL_20220708_032951291.jpg

Also, not all 325s are created equal.

PXL_20220708_030454543.jpg

The early M&H Racemasters ran a bit narrow for their listed size. They got better in the second release.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You never answered my question about intake temps. Where are they cruising and at 11psi? What meth pump/controller? How much meth volume ya think?

And Hell Yeah! to the drag radials!!!!

I am not ignoring you. I am just swamped jumping from task to task... this is just low on the list.

Quick answer, hardly empirical: But, after heat soaking while I was tuning the VE table it is showing 115-120*F cruising and 120-127*F on a short boosted run to 11 psi. I hope to have better answers tonight.

Looking at the logs it is very very rich... it is probably over meth'd at the moment. It is commanding .741 EQ and is showing around .68 EQ... that is a lot of extra fuel. I want to pull all of that down closer to .780 lambda.

1657297191907.png

at the orange markers you can see where I assume each stage of the meth is coming on. I need to push the activation leads to HP Tuners so that I can determine exactly when they are coming on. Kind of flying blind at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor