MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome.

bear grylls bad decision GIF by NETFLIX

Or...

Kill It With Fire GIF

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I think you need to bond with the cool neighbor (Daisy Duke’s relative) and have him campaign to the other neighbors that those roads in front of your house are for launch testing and full boost hits from 3rd gear.

Ha.

I can’t read your log, because I’m HP Tuner illiterate, so, how quick did it build boost? How long into it before the IAT’s get hot (and how hot). How’d the transmission work?

P.s. I wasn’t kidding about testing a little closer to home - that way it’s a shorter walk and the kids don’t have to miss their bed time.

LOL - you are sort of missing the point. I would have made massive gains over the evening if the alternator (and brakes?) hadn't died. I can tune the car just fine. And will. At the track.

I cannot do road hits because a) I am a senior officer in the Army, b) my family relies on my ability to drive and my good insurance rates, and c) I am running for public office in my municipality. So, no.

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
LOL - you are sort of missing the point. I would have made massive gains over the evening if the alternator (and brakes?) hadn't died. I can tune the car just fine. And will. At the track.

I cannot do road hits because a) I am a senior officer in the Army, b) my family relies on my ability to drive and my good insurance rates, and c) I am running for public office in my municipality. So, no.

No cop no crime.

• Winner

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Ls1 brake swap you say? Seems I'm going to have a surplus rear set soon.

Sounds like a good shakedown run at the track, you found problems and didn’t die. That's a win. 😉👍

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

I didn't miss the point, I was making a crack. I figured the Daisy Duke reference would give it away :)

Good luck with the public office thing. I'd rather go find some long and straight uphill on ramps.

^^^^^^ that's another crack

Sincerely Mike, good luck with the public office.

p.s. - you are aware that a license is only is piece of "the man's" paper, right?

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Currently re-reading this:

Good info.

---from the other thread---

64nailhead water/meth is pre-turbo, IAT is stuffed in the top of the manifold. So it has to go a fair distance.

1657509883189.png

Theoretically it is fully vapourized before it hits the sensor... so the sensor's recovery rate is unlikely to be influenced by it. This is why not starting off with a heat soaked sensor would be an advantage (timing wise).

The car left the line at 156*F IAT and trapped around 185*F. In the log pic you can see how quickly it rises in third gear.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ls1 brake swap you say? Seems I'm going to have a surplus rear set soon.

Sounds like a good shakedown run at the track, you found problems and didn’t die. That's a win. 😉👍

Thanks, I had fun and got a new story... and keep me posted on the rears.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Bummer the budget buster alternator but it's not bent sheet metal so I'm my book it's only a minor flop. Ideal, no, but it's overall not terrible!

If I'm correct you have very few miles on the car, are you sure the wiring you have isn't killing the alternator? I'd check that before subjecting the new one to whatever might be wrong.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor