Corvette C6 Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
one thing I would caution you about is on the rear axle with the 2" adapter that applies extra leverage on the axle especially when cornering. On our G and F body circle track cars we had to run an upgraded right side axle cause with the drastically offset wheel to position the wheel as far out as we could the stock axle would break at the wheel bearing due to the stress

• Scared
Reactions: 1 users

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
one thing I would caution you about is on the rear axle with the 2" adapter that applies extra leverage on the axle especially when cornering. On our G and F body circle track cars we had to run an upgraded right side axle cause with the drastically offset wheel to position the wheel as far out as we could the stock axle would break at the wheel bearing due to the stress
What can i do to minimize this hazard? My elco is a 305, wont be racing or burning rubber.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What can i do to minimize this hazard? My elco is a 305, wont be racing or burning rubber.

you should be ok if you aren't running it hard around corners but I would keep my eye on the axles. We we mandated to use a Strange axle on the right rear. The rim we used on the right rear and a 2" backspacing

if you ever want to upgrade your rear end a 68-72 Chevelle rear end will fit with the conversion uppers and that rear is 4.5" wider so you wouldn't need spacers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
Can't seem to find a chevelle at any yards around here. I just got back from looking at 2 elcos. I want to put ac in my car (I'm in Texas)

I'm Looking to get the brackets for the compressor. Also need that black plastic valve ball that opens my vents.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Can't seem to find a chevelle at any yards around here. I just got back from looking at 2 elcos. I want to put ac in my car (I'm in Texas)

I'm Looking to get the brackets for the compressor. Also need that black plastic valve ball that opens my vents.

I just wanted to give you some ideas, it took me almost a year before I found an 8.2 that I was looking for.....it's always better to look for stuff when you don't need it, I was taking it easy on the 7.5 I have in the rear.

Reactions: 1 user

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I have a set of 2" spacers from like 13 years ago when I had 22" blades on another elco. 2" spacers were used in the rear.
would I need a set in the front as well?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa

For pontiacgp's suggestion, besides Chevelles any '68-72 A-body (LeMans/GTO, Cutlass/442, Skylark/GS, '70-'72 Monte Carlo, '69-'72 Grand Prix) will be a source for a rear end.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor