Corvette roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
custom442 said:
I've been driving a while, have a lot of miles on the road used to drive a truck for a few years. High speeds are dangerous I've seen everything you don't wana see. If I was your age I would not want someone to hand me this car and say go for a ride. But you grow up (some) and learn when to use it and when not to. Also if this was a country town or neighborhood where most of my driving is I'd probably do what you're doing too, but it takes a while to get from one point to another in houston. My little bro is 16 and he wants to drive this car and I tell him no way in hell I'm letting him drive it, it's just too much for him at his age and driving experience.
My monte is my first car. Its the only vehicle i've really ever known inside and out. I used to beat the living sh*t out of it but 2 engines, 1 transmissions and hundreds of other broken things have taught me a good lesson. It got old quick replacing stuff with no job lol. As for your brother, I think your making the right move because he has probly never been around a lot of power in a car and wouldnt know how to drive it.

custom442 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
well hey man i gotta say i like the high gearing i got 2.62s in my malibu and theres no power till about 2500rpm but man when it hits itl give u whiplash no joke literally snap ur neck lol and i like the high gearing cuz of gas milage. i belive im getting close to 400 horse out of it and 16 miles a gallon which is damn good for a 400 horse 350. i wanted 3.73s or 4.11s but with gas prices il stick with the 2.62s lol id rather have 16 miles a gallon than 8 or 9 lol
With the 2.29s in my car now I obviously have great top end but its more of a smooth build up instead of a neck snapping launch lol. My fuel mileage is great which is why I been waiting to do this swap for awhile so I can find a daily driver. With my new job it shouldnt be long but I said that a month ago. We'll see . . .

honda time!

Honda 1.4 civic 4 door - 400$, new engine (not that it needed one) 1500$. 37 mpg and it'll go another 300,000 miles
:rofl: Thanks for the offers but im actually looking into a 98 Monte LS. It was my buddies car but when he passed away it just sat and his mom says im the only person she will sell it to.

marcar1993 said:
Quicker is more fun.
I think that should be the definition for "Acceleration".

-83MONTESS- said:
:rofl: Thanks for the offers but im actually looking into a 98 Monte LS. It was my buddies car but when he passed away it just sat and his mom says im the only person she will sell it to.

I was saying buy a cheap honda :wink: those late 80's early 90's j* cars know how to take a beating. Gas mileage is ridiculous, my friend in back in high school had a manual crx that got 55mpg. You can buy those cars for 1500$ :shock:

.... about quicker being more fun, it is. But not on the street, its just stupid and scary. And if you think you're going quick on the street at low speeds or rpms its probably not that quick, cuz cars with real gearing and power will end up sideways or backwards. I prefer reeling cars in, I'm going to get this car driving to see If I can have some more fun with it. Just my thoughts.

custom442 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
well hey man i gotta say i like the high gearing i got 2.62s in my malibu and theres no power till about 2500rpm but man when it hits itl give u whiplash no joke literally snap ur neck lol and i like the high gearing cuz of gas milage. i belive im getting close to 400 horse out of it and 16 miles a gallon which is damn good for a 400 horse 350. i wanted 3.73s or 4.11s but with gas prices il stick with the 2.62s lol id rather have 16 miles a gallon than 8 or 9 lol

I dunno I really don't get a jolt at all, the power is really smooth weird slow smooth then comes on real fast. Even at 2500 I can get *ss backwards on the road but it still doesn't feel jolty or jumpy, at least not compared to my truck with 3.90's.

it feels like a bottle rocket to me ive had that malibu run mid 13s at the quarter mile so im not complaining

jacobdavis1979 said:
custom442 said:
jacobdavis1979 said:

I dunno I really don't get a jolt at all, the power is really smooth weird slow smooth then comes on real fast. Even at 2500 I can get *ss backwards on the road but it still doesn't feel jolty or jumpy, at least not compared to my truck with 3.90's.

it feels like a bottle rocket to me ive had that malibu run mid 13s at the quarter mile so im not complaining
Damn 13s with a grannies rear?! Imagine what it'll do with 3.42+s! I dont have 400hp but maybe 400 lbs-ft. With these 2.29s I can go sideways from a stop with no problem (i got burnies all up and down my road to prove it :mrgreen: )it just takes too damn long to get up to speed.

well yea i see what ur gettin at. mine was alot like that before i built up the motor i could burn the tires but i had to almost floor it to get them to start spinnin and yea the power was dead till about 3000rpm then it would slowly pick up but yea since ive built the motor even with the high gearing like it is when i get to about 2500rpm my head will be planted on the seat i can sit there and watch the speedo fly threw the roof and when it shifts into 2nd the tires will squall lol i can barley get off the seat when its hammerd no joke lol and for any one who thinks im joking feel free to take a ride with me lol im scared to hammer it half the time. id like to try 3.42s all though im deffintly sure il wet my pants lol cuz im not that good a driver

you must have good suspension and fat rubber, cuz if I floor it at 2500 in 1st or 2nd it just goes sideways

custom442 said:
you must have good suspension and fat rubber, cuz if I floor it at 2500 in 1st or 2nd it just goes sideways

well yea lol ive got air ride suspesion in the back and 10in wide wheels in back with the 265/50 tires lol and the 3000 stall converter probly helps alittle in the quarter mile time. yea mine went sideways about the same time as yours before i got the new wheels and tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor