Coys Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Any one had any experance with Coy's Wheels Good ? Bad ? Otherwise ?
I am thinking about some 17 X 8's for my El Camino.

Attachments

• DSCN0744.jpg
    DSCN0744.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 4,597
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 2,029
I have never heard a bad word about their wheels and there doesn't seem to be any bad reviews online. I have looked into their wheels in the past but it's too much with shipping over the border. I'm sure there is some one or two on here that have them. They have some nice looking wheels and I really like the ones you are thinking of

I've had two sets from them and would buy another. The only draw back would be the center caps, they tend to show a little corrosion a tad to quickly for my liking. I would prolly add some clear coat to them if/when I get another set.

jrm81bu said:
I've had two sets from them and would buy another. The only draw back would be the center caps, they tend to show a little corrosion a tad to quickly for my liking. I would prolly add some clear coat to them if/when I get another set.
That's good to know, Are they raw aluminum ?

I've never owned any. They have a huge display ever year at the Portland swap meet and I did put my hands on them. They seem to be pretty decent for the price. I LOVE the black chrome finish they have.

I've heard from some of the Chevy Truck guys, another forum I'm with that they have poor customer service. Though the quality is good, I'm Still debating getting a set for my Cutlass.

tc1959 said:
jrm81bu said:
That's good to know, Are they raw aluminum ?

Yes I belive the caps are. As for the rims, the black chrome (and I would assume any of the chrome ones)are clear coated. I don't think my flat black ones were though, maybe just on the machined lip.

Huxly said:
I've heard from some of the Chevy Truck guys, another forum I'm with that they have poor customer service. Though the quality is good, I'm Still debating getting a set for my Cutlass.

I've heard that but never experienced any real negative service. I live in Ohio and always thought they got the rims to me fairly quickly. The last set they sent didn't have flush mount valve stems like my first set did(still had decent bolt in's). And IIRC the lug nuts were two different styles. I called them and asked for a matching set of nuts, and if I could purchase the flush mount stems. They sent both at no charge.

Oh and for anyone looking to buy their rims, check out their page on facebook, they announce specials on there a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor