cr question

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2014
hey guys,back again and found a hell of a deal on an olds 330 im picking up today.i plan to basically re-gasket it and replace the oil pump as the guy im buying it from told me it was driving great then started dipping in oil pressure down to about 5 to 10 psi.i did check the bearings and everything looks fine no scoring or obviously nasty marks and everything seemed to be nice and snug fitting on the bottom end(i.e. no slapping pistons or wobbly rods and whatnot).anyway just put a 455 in my cutlass i plan to yank out and replace with the 330 while i build the 455 into a monster.i currently have it all set up on the ccc system still running great but the 455 is a smog era motor with like 8.something cr which i know the computer can handle but this new engine is of the 10.25 variety and was wondering if thats just too much for the ccc system to handle?if i have to i will just yank the computer and go conventional but id like to keep the system if possible
any input is welcome,thanks =)

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Wow your system must be working great to power a 455. You don't think it could be running a bit lean? It's easy to swap over to a carb. Ditch the dizzy, buy a 1406, and a trans kit. Boom done.

soma

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2014
Wow your system must be working great to power a 455. You don't think it could be running a bit lean? It's easy to swap over to a carb. Ditch the dizzy, buy a 1406, and a trans kit. Boom done.
nah running great actually,my ecm is a bit tweaked from the run of the mill ecm being out of a 85 442.also has a richened up carb the only thing i honestly have any issue with is cooling it,runs at about 200 rather than the 180 id like it to be at though might be a non issue now just getting done installing a mark 8 fan that moves some ridiculous air.ive tossed the idea around of ditching the comp but it just achieves such decent gas mileage out of most any v8 it can be thrown at with little to no performance loss if set up correctly and everything is in working order.again if i have to ditch it i will but mostly just loking for info from guys that know the ccc system a bit to see is the cr is out of range.thank you for the input though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor