Crank, spark No start/ alternator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
@ck8 and g0thiac Thanks for your help. Just got out here and did the obd1. (I posted it as well maybe may help someone.) So it just kept flashing one....one two at me. I believe this is showing as 12-normal. I'm going to try and test the distributor next and things next.
Yes, I should always flash code 12 three times, then give any other faults. If no codes are stored it just shows 12 continuously.

When you do get it running, if the light comes on then pull the codes in park before you shut it off.

Reactions: 1 users

83'Regal3.8L

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2020
Yes, I should always flash code 12 three times, then give any other faults. If no codes are stored it just shows 12 continuously.

When you do get it running, if the light comes on then pull the codes in park before you shut it off.

83'Regal3.8L

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2020
Ok yeah it was continuous 12. You sure are right I will take note of them before shutting it off. I'm looking into the parts now. Hopefully get it going again soon. Thanks alot!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor