Crate 350 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
No I got it with I just haven’t installed it yet.

You could have put it all on ahead of time. MUCH easier. Especially the lower bolts. I had everything including the fan installed before I dropped it in. Another thing, is your steering box o ring or flare fittings ? I had to have both lines made by a local hose shop. When I redid the suspension I bought a Monte SS box with o ring fittings to match the new steering pump. Still had to have lines made.

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
You could have put it all on ahead of time. MUCH easier. Especially the lower bolts. I had everything including the fan installed before I dropped it in. Another thing, is your steering box o ring or flare fittings ? I had to have both lines made by a local hose shop. When I redid the suspension I bought a Monte SS box with o ring fittings to match the new steering pump. Still had to have lines made.

Well I’m a rookie at this I figured it would be easier to get the headers in without the accessories in the way. I just cleaned up the stock steering box and am using it , I believe it had o rings. I did upgrade the steering shaft to the Jeep.
I knew I was going to have something’s to change and figure out so thanks you are being extremely helpful.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well I’m a rookie at this I figured it would be easier to get the headers in without the accessories in the way. I just cleaned up the stock steering box and am using it , I believe it had o rings. I did upgrade the steering shaft to the Jeep.
I knew I was going to have something’s to change and figure out so thanks you are being extremely helpful.

Glad I can help. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Im still getting things together so everything is still fresh in my mind. LOL

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor