crazy idea, need some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI
lol you guys are hilarious. but anyways i dont know what im gonna do, i just thought itd be legit as f@@k to do though. but in all honesty its probably never gonna happen, just a couple of highschool kids dreamin lol. but anyways i definitely wanna see if i can do it tho, like i said schools gonna be out soon so ill have all summer to work on it so why not know what im sayin?

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
dude i wanna do this now only on a bigger scale, like 30 feet by 30 feet basement under a 4 foot by 4 foot shed with a trap door.

marble floors, stripper pole, surround sound system, a pound of dro and a quarter brick of some columbian coke

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Damn and to think i was beginning to take a massive undertaking engineering project of setting a up a premade 10x8 shed... :rofl: that doomsday preppers show has me thinking otherwise now... :|

79CMC

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
bigdawg said:
dude i wanna do this now only on a bigger scale, like 30 feet by 30 feet basement under a 4 foot by 4 foot shed with a trap door.

marble floors, stripper pole, surround sound system, a pound of dro and a quarter brick of some columbian coke

I like your style. Very Tony Montana.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
dig a 6-7ft hole, then pour a floor in it, then youll need some kind of beams to hold up the shed so it doesnt fall in and crush your stabbin cabin. unless you and your friends are all really short ****ers, id guess youre gonna be hitting your heads on those beams quite often. gonna need a deeper hole. im no engineer or anything but, the concrete will need to be several inches thick, probably 2x12s to hold up the shed above. so unless youre 5'6" or less, gonna need to go deeper. or maybe, you plan on your guests being much smaller than that. hmmmm. might wanna stick with the molester van. :lol: :wink:

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I think this is a really bad plan. If you want your play space separate from your storage space why not just build a shed w/ the man cave located above and just put a small port-hole style window up there. Only will need about 8 ft of ceiling there. If you build the structure you are describing the cinderblocks will all form cracks within 2 years or less and suddenly bugs will be getting in all the time or all your electronics will be destroyed the first time water leaks in. Also, since you aren't trained in construction your floor will definitely NOT be level and will SUCK if you try to build this structure you are describing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
people don't usually talk about building an underground room like this, we end up reading about it in the crime section after it's built... :mrgreen:

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
pontiacgp said:
people don't usually talk about building an underground room like this, we end up reading about it in the crime section after it's built... :mrgreen:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: soooo true

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
dream on mcss,
Man, never stop dreaming! The future is built from dreams but, some dreams don't build squat!!! That said, talk to your building inspection dept.. You'll know for sure what the minimum required material sizes you'll need to use ( the size of your dirt cheap cement blocks might not be legal for your project). I think you'll need more then 10 feet to install your stairwell (I suppose you can put your sump pump under the stairs). Oh, and if you decide to build this without a permit, you could face a fine (that will be alot more then the cost of the permit) and could be made to dismantle your project. Also, it'll be awfully hard to hide the minimum 16ft. x 16ft. hole in the ground (you'll need room around the outside of the block walls to do your water proofing), especially if you have enemies (for lack of a better word). You'll also need to know property line set back and the distance from existing buildings. Height restrictions of the shed.
I started hounding my inspectors about a year before moving even a shovel full of dirt. They could see that I wanted my shop built right the first time around, and they were glad to help me in the planning. My inspection were uneventful too.
These are just a few things to think about and, keep on dreaming!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor