crossmember problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
There are two crossmembers one for V6s and one for V8s. Both will work for V6s or V8s but the right mount is needed. V6 crossmembers have the off set mount. The V8 is straight.

Doug

waxman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2017
dover del
There are two crossmembers one for V6s and one for V8s. Both will work for V6s or V8s but the right mount is needed. V6 crossmembers have the off set mount. The V8 is straight.

Doug
thanks got the crossmember problem solved now it's a distributor problem plug from computer and plug from distributor different

Attachments

• 0619180913a_HDR.jpg
    0619180913a_HDR.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 171

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Computer controls the timing and interacts with the CCC carb. If you're not running the complete system as originally installed, I would ditch the computer entirely. The early style HEI gets power from the single pink wire and the coil connection makes the fire through the module.

I just did so on my wagon, as the 2.5 year old reman CCC carb failed, and was a poor performer in both economy and power. The CCC works OK for a driver IF everything is there and working. The minute you delete or change any major component, all bets are off. My wagon had been hacked at by a shadetree before I bought it (non-CCC carb, {which I replaced with aforementioned reman CCC unit} but was still running the computer driven distributor). With a 267 2 barrel, TH350 and a 2.41 gear, it delivered a solid 13.5MPG regardless of driving conditions...which is horrible for that combination. I am hoping after the removal of the carb and distributor to see a decent improvement....heck my diesel dually with a 4.10 gear gets about 15MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor