Crossover Pipe not fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Hey guys i recently installed a summit OE replacement oil pan on what im pretty sure is a 77'-79' olds 350 in my 87' cutlass supreme. Now the crossover pipe for the exhaust doesnt fit. It seems the sump of the pan strectchs forward more and doesnt allow clearance for the crossover to reach the flanges on the manifolds. Now id love to swap to headers but i just dont have the money for that right now, so what would be my best option?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
cut and add to the crossover to make it fit......or put in duel exhaust, you don't need headers for duels

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Kinda fooked ! Either go back to the stock pan and use the existing exhaust or get the exhaust shop to bend you up a new crossover. If you cant afford dual exhaust now get a new crossover made have them use larger dia like 2.5-3" to the stock cat location. Then you can run a larger cat-back exhaust when you have the funds.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
I was thinking about cutting and adding reducers and bigger pipe in the crossover section that would help flow. I didnt know if there was anyother way to go about doing it lol.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
The crossover pipe setup on an Olds is a horrible. Waste of time and money for you to do anything to get it to work. True dueals all the way.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
yeah its really bad. i hate all the emissions crap from that era in cars. be glad when i get my chevy motor together an swap in it wont hvae to deal with as much stuff. this crossover is just a temporary fix till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor