CS130 three wire alternator plug info red brown and black

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 hennesymonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
i have a cs 130 alternator and i had to buy a pigtail to wire it but i dont know exactly how this plug need to be wired so i can possibly see some lights on the dash or something! anybody had this problem or know what i need to do first?

Attachments

• 20180726_114640.jpg
    20180726_114640.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 270
Reactions: 1 user

88ss408

Master Mechanic
Feb 25, 2007
baie st anne n.b
The cs130 in my truck only has s brown wire. That is for the excite purpose.
I know there 2 wire 3 wire and 4 wire plugs.
You said you had 3 probably brown,white,red ? Exciter wire sensing wire. And not sure of the end one. Sorry

84 hennesymonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
The cs130 in my truck only has s brown wire. That is for the excite purpose.
I know there 2 wire 3 wire and 4 wire plugs.
You said you had 3 probably brown,white,red ? Exciter wire sensing wire. And not sure of the end one. Sorry
Yeah I got 3 wires red to back 9f alternator and the black and the brown I don't know which one to wire to the black wire coming from my firewall

84 hennesymonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2018
i have a cs 130 alternator and i had to buy a pigtail to wire it but i dont know exactly how this plug need to be wired so i can possibly see some lights on the dash or something! anybody had this problem or know what i need to do first?
i did some reviewing on line and actually found a thread that talked about this plug, so from the thread i read the black wire goes to nothing, the red wire go to the back of the alternator batt post then the brown wire is the wire that goes to the ignition source im going to try this way i hope it works wish me luck and stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor