custom center console

Status
Not open for further replies.

82 EL CO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2007
from what i understand you can do it both ways but im not sure, the way i want to do it is the "old school" way i think it would be alot simpler

82 EL CO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2007
it would be for my elco that has a bench seat so it wouldnt be that big just enough for a clean look im not sure how i would keep it on there with out it moving tho or if i was to put in bucke seats id have it go all the way back with a sub in the center between the seats, id have to go look at the car to find a way to sucure it down good

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
I did a fiberglass console in mine and if you look towards the front you can see the holes for where speakers would have gone. I made the shape (sides) out of mdf then used scrap mdf to hold the sides together then stretched and stapled cloth across the top , added resin, then sanded, added filler ,sanded, sanded some more then painted to match.
IMAG0250.jpg

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
The dash in the pic is actually not the origanal its from a 4 door bonivelle that i cleaned and dyed black. As far as doing any more to the car i sold that car now im working on a Monte.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Are those EG Civic seats? If so, what are you going to do for a head rest ro are you gonna just use the Honda one that has the mount offset to one side?

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Yeah those were Civic seats, They had the headrest with side mount. I cut them off and was going to have them upolstered without the headrest. I like the look of seats without headrest kinda gives a hotrod look.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Just be careful. Even a relatively mild rear end bump without them can snap your head back and break your neck. Using them can save your life.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
oh come on. i'm 6'3". a headrest is a neck and back scratcher for me. and i've hit plenty of bumps. hell, i live in new york, it's nothing but bumps!

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
On my daily driver i have headrest but for a car that ill be driving once in a while to cruise or go to shows im not too worried about the headrest. Besides the factory headrest in these cars are useless anyways since they are so small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor