Custom fan shround request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2009
Hilton head island, SC / Wilmington, NC
Alright so i just woke up, had a cup of coffe then had an idea.

I've been trying to experiment with some easy(cost effective) parts to fabricate and then it came too me, fan shrouds.

How much would yall be willing to pay for a fan shroud custom to how you'd like it, or just a close or perfect remake of OEM?

I can obviously make it out of any composite, typical fiberglass would be the best for cost, but if you had the bucks you could get the carbon to bang. I can also fabricate one from aluminum and either rivet it together or tig weld.

Please anybody with some reasons interest contact me.

Good luck, I'd like to see some of your work!

I have a similar plan with certain F-body parts, I want to make some molds of the fiberglass parts and reproduce them a few at a time. If it works might try to do some G-body parts like SS and 2+2 noses and spoilers.

when I was in california I saw a lot of custom fan shrouds in cars, mostly in cadillacs, f-body, and in a silverado. I heard it's also really popular in Texas too! The thing about the custom fan shroud is you really cant make a mold because almost everyone wants their name/ hood name or girl's name or a logo on the shroud! I saw a lot of crappy ss logo fan shrouds in cali, because the person made it themself but it sucked. I'll tell you what, I'd probably buy one if if you make a really nice olds rocket logo - but it better come in under $250!

i'd like to have an upper one like the cutlass plates out of aluminum if the price is reasonable unlike the $160 i see online, like the one below

100_2750.jpg

Around $20 for a regular shroud, around $50-$100 for a partially custom fiberglass, and around $125-$200 for a complete custom fiberglass fan shroud. As far as carbon fiber, good luck cause I can afford it! :roll: Hope I'm not insulting you with these prices.

85CutlassSalonRyder said:
Around $20 for a regular shroud, around $50-$100 for a partially custom fiberglass, and around $125-$200 for a complete custom fiberglass fan shroud. As far as carbon fiber, good luck cause I can afford it! :roll: Hope I'm not insulting you with these prices.

Where were you 10 years ago? :? I've been running around with a hacked shroud, but now I am going to an electric fan and don't need the shroud.

I would be interested in a fan should that kinda has 2 humps for dual electric fans...and of course the olds rocket

I think i'll end up fabricating one next week, it'll be fiberglass ( E-glass) . The type of material you use helps keep the cost down.

Carbonfiber fan shroud? The only reason for that would be uniqueness. And at 20-40$ per square yard depending on how i made it, it wouldn't be cheap at all.

However, typical E and S glass run the range of 5 to 7$ per yard, i can fabricate a very nice shroud, with whatever customization you want for the price you want.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cm/index.html

That's what i pay for materials. I won't buy fiberglass from anywhere else for good reasons. Also, i know for a FACT that the materials from spruce will hold up for along time, and i mean a LONG time.

one thing you know what you get when you buy aircraft rated products, it all meets a minimum federal standard and those minimum standards are high. I have an electric fan but I am intending on building an air box in front of the rad tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor