Custom heater box pics??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
GuysMonteSS said:
I modified my AC box for more clearance,the AC was removed before I bought the Monte.It only works on Defrost,and I have it wired so it only blows on high speed.But it only gets used a couple of times a summer,so this suits me just fine.Heres a couple of pictures;
IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

Firewall1stcoat002.jpg

BoltsHeater003.jpg

Guy

That looks nice my only problem is my heater box is broken in a few place's and it leaks a little when it rains.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I probably bought the last new non ac case from the dealer years ago they could only find one with their locator and it was in another state and I had it set up for heat but then modified it for the big block and removed the heater core and then fiberglassed over the fan hole and made a new water drainage set up.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 2,356

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
The top part of my original box was also broken,but I was able to find an unbroken one at a local junk yard.And I used lots of silicone when I put the box back on the last time.I used a caulking gun size tube of black silicone and used the whole tube.It doesent leak anymore.
Guy

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
565bbchevy said:
I probably bought the last new non ac case from the dealer years ago they could only find one with their locator and it was in another state and I had it set up for heat but then modified it for the big block and removed the heater core and then fiberglassed over the fan hole and made a new water drainage set up.

That look's very good and clean.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I have something similar to 565bbchevy in mine.

It's made from 1.5" x 1/8" flat stock for the firewall flange and 20ga sheet metal.

You can see it somewhat in this picture below. I have my remote oil filter, oil breather tank and fuel pressure regulator mounted to it. Then on the backside under the dash I have an aftermarket A/C evaporator and heater mounted to it plumbed to the stock vents.

IMAG0218.jpg

chstonebraker

Greasemonkey
Feb 27, 2012
FE3X CLONE said:
I have something similar to 565bbchevy in mine.

It's made from 1.5" x 1/8" flat stock for the firewall flange and 20ga sheet metal.

You can see it somewhat in this picture below. I have my remote oil filter, oil breather tank and fuel pressure regulator mounted to it. Then on the backside under the dash I have an aftermarket A/C evaporator and heater mounted to it plumbed to the stock vents.

IMAG0218.jpg
wow wow wow that car looks slick man. i hope i can get my grand prix looking that sleek someday

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
I also have something similar to those in mine.

Cardboard was used first to make a template, then had it made out of sheet metal.

602491_98.jpg

602491_100.jpg

6024910167_medium.jpg

6024910135_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor