cutlass custom gauge panel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
i want to build a gauge panel to replace the stock cutlass dash gauges.does any one have a template i could use,or can i get some pic's of custom gauge panel for a cutlass?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
This is one of the gauge panels I've done for my car:

IMG_1376.jpg

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
what size gauges are those? i like to go with one 5'speedometer and four 2 5/8 gauges.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Those are 3-3/8" gauges. There's absolutely no way you can fit a 5" gauge and 2-5/8" gauges in the stock dash. You'd have to start cutting and fabbing your own dash for that.

The 3-3/8" gauges in that picture actually touch slightly on the plastic trim.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
That looks good. How did you do it?

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
could i get one 3 3/8 gauge and four 2 5/8 gauges in?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I made one of these for Cutty1 here on the sight and I was lucky to get two 3-1/8" gauges and three 2-1/6" gauges in.

You might be able to do the 3-3/8" and two 2-5/8".

Now of course this all assumes you do it the way I've done it here. But if you build a panel that comes out more flush with the dash surround, you'll gain more clearance. It just depends on how "factory" you want it to look. I was going for a well integrated panel that didn't look like I bolted something in for a race car but rather something the factory may have done.

If your going for more of the race car look then doing a larger alumiunum panel might work for you.

Here's the gauge panel I made for Cutty1. You can see how tight things were:

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
How much for something like that?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Thought I would post here since I've had a few PM's about making these gauge panels.

I'd really like to make these but the issue is time. They tend to take quite a bit of time to make and as much as I work, the only time I have off is Sunday so it makes it tough to squeeze anything like this in.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make blanks out of plastic that would be much easier to reproduce but haven't done much about it.

So I'll have to respectively pass on making anymore of these for the moment. Thanks for the interest though!

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
do you have a timplate? i would like to buy it if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor