Cutlass exhaust pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Can you guys post up some pics of where your exhaust exits? I need to re-do mine as they are too close to the back tires. Basically, I need it cut where they come over the back axle then re-route it from there. I just want a good idea of what looks right on the Cutlass. I think that the Monte Carlos look sweet with some nice 3" - 3.5" tips out back, but haven't really seen much on the Cutlass.

Thanks! 8)

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
This could be a good thread. I'm looking for pics also of tails dumping behind the tires out the side (GN style)

The summit 2.5" exhaust kit came with monte style tails :roll:

82cutty

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2008
I have Walker replacement Cutlass pipes that exit after the rear tire with no fitment issues. I made my own mid pipes and used universal hangers to hang them. I run 245/60/14's on stock rally rims.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Not so worried about fittment issues, I just want to see what different styles look like.

Dstratt01

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2010
Is your hood off of a grand national? It just kinda caught my eye. looks great though.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Dstratt01 said:
Is your hood off of a grand national? It just kinda caught my eye. looks great though.

Thanks 8) Hood buldge and spoiler were from a 442 or Hurst / Olds I think.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I had a 3" Torque Tech exhaust on my '87 and also a 2.5" kit on my brother's '81. Both exit under the bumper, aka Monte style, which I always thought I wanted.
After owning them, I hated it. Didn't like seeing all that pipe from the side of the car.

I have dumps after the mufflers now. No exhaust to see at all. 8)

Picture of the TT exhaust:

Olds-01.jpg

Olds-02.jpg

Olds-03.jpg

Something I always wanted to do was cut and notch the gas tank and spare tire well so that the exhaust pipes could tuck up closer to the body and then do cut outs in the chrome bumper that looked similar to the older A-body Cutlass bumpers.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Car looks great, I like the green. I gotta say I like the side outlet exhaust on cutlass's though. I am curious to see it if you ever do the bumper cutouts though. New dodge rams have that and it looks good.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
84cutspreme said:
Car looks great, I like the green.

Acutally, that color was Dark Saphire Blue Metallic. Looked kind of greenish/blue in some light but then in other light looked blue/black. It won't be repainted in that color.

I am curious to see it if you ever do the bumper cutouts though. New dodge rams have that and it looks good.

It won't be on this car. Might try it someday on another G-body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor