jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Great job! Your patience paid off. :D

garciagomez23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2013
Amazing! I just read all your thread and its real nice how you've come along, im going to start taking my 85 apart sometime in December, but yours looks real nice good job! 8)

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
nice build, is that truck bed liner holding up pretty good??

fraido2002

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2010
Mid Michigan
I installed my electric choke the other day and it turns out that when they built my motor they faced the distibutor so that the vauum advance was facing straight back, which was buried into the firewall once the body was put on. This of course caused the vacuum hose to get a split and fall off. So I attempted to pull it out and reclock it, but it does not seem to want to come out. It appears to be caught on something inside. I did a little research and it seems it may be the oil pump, but I don't know and didn't want to use brute force to pull it out. So I attempted to re-clock it and just move the wires accordingly. This didn't seem to pay off, because I couldn't keep it running. After a good amount of time messing with it, I killed the battery, which is no big deal. So I decided to start messing with my stereo some more. I was able to get my power wire into the trunk through the spare tire space. I ran the power wire from the front battery through the frame to the back by the spare tire. The negative I just ran through the spare tire space and will ground on the frame. After I let the battery charge over night I went out to give it the old college try again, and it seems that I trashed my starter. After I let of the ignition it still wants to start. So I get to deal with that another day. I need to either replace the starter or get the solenoid to release, then figure out the distributor so that I can get it running again. Oh well, such as life, right?

Here are some shots of the trunk wiring.

Trevor87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2013
Kamloops B.C. Canada
Great build so far Fraido. Im definitely taking some notes from this thread for the interior of my gp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor