Cx racing ls twin turbo kit for g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
nah, i should have them redesign it with different down pipes. actually, ill hit them up and see if they want to do that. i can drop the car off to them again.
Please do lol! I'm currently working on a 5.3 that i planned on using that kit for! I have a nice turbo cam and some goodies going into it....the kit seems well put together.

Makes me wonder, from the pics you posted it looks tge same as the car on their site??? I've saved a few pics for my reference...
Screenshot_20170429-010550.png
Screenshot_20170409-171314.png

Thanks for shedding some light on this man!

TT82cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2017
lol, yeah same piece of sh*t car. :D
one thing i forgot to mention. spark plugs are kinda a pain in the *ss. but i never change them so it working great. :rofl:
if you run there downpipes, most certainly have to take them off to do plugs. but its only a couple v bands.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
lol, yeah same piece of sh*t car. :D
one thing i forgot to mention. spark plugs are kinda a pain in the *ss. but i never change them so it working great. :rofl:
if you run there downpipes, most certainly have to take them off to do plugs. but its only a couple v bands.
Spark plug issue like that doesn't bother me too bad....with my old gen1 i had to unbolt the longtubes to change plugs! A couple v bands is way easier.

Overall....the kit looks well put together. Other than the downpipe and plug issue, how is the kit overall?

TT82cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 25, 2017
honestly, its great. the turbos are obviously lazy, but there big, and journal bearing. so its what you would expect. i have alot of miles on the setup, nothing has cracked/broke/smoked/exc.

a ton of street driving and hardcore abuse. bouncing off the two step shooting flames and all. nothing has hurt them yet. on 14 lbs. in vegas at lsfest west, car trapped 139, its heavy. trying to decide if i want to go with 3.23 or 3.55 gears. :doh:

Mar 29, 2018
honestly, its great. the turbos are obviously lazy, but there big, and journal bearing. so its what you would expect. i have alot of miles on the setup, nothing has cracked/broke/smoked/exc.

a ton of street driving and hardcore abuse. bouncing off the two step shooting flames and all. nothing has hurt them yet. on 14 lbs. in vegas at lsfest west, car trapped 139, its heavy. trying to decide if i want to go with 3.23 or 3.55 gears. :doh:
TT82Cutty, I'm digging up an old post because I'm looking to run the same kit on my 6.0 LQ4 swap in my 84 Cutlass. The question that I had, what motor mounts, and what oil pan are you running on this setup? My concern with motor mounts is incorrect positioning of motor in engine bay causing fitment issues with turbo kit. Can you provide a link to the motor mounts you're running? Also, the oil pan you're using? Thanks! I'm also interested in the crossmember setup you're using for the th400 as well.

Mar 29, 2018

TT82Cutty, I'm digging up an old post because I'm looking to run the same kit on my 6.0 LQ4 swap in my 84 Cutlass. The question that I had, what motor mounts, and what oil pan are you running on this setup? My concern with motor mounts is incorrect positioning of motor in engine bay causing fitment issues with turbo kit. Can you provide a link to the motor mounts you're running? Also, the oil pan you're using? Thanks! I'm also interested in the crossmember setup you're using for the th400 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor