Dakota Digital Cruise Control in 84 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbender444

n00b
Dec 13, 2018
Has anyone used Dakota Digital Cruise in an84 H/O? I'm having a problem with how many pulses (ppm) are recorded per mile an hour (mph). All the information to date indicates that they are definitely different in the 84 H/O VS 84 Cutlass. ANY help would be appreciated!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Really, surprised it would be different. Supposedly some GM'S are 4000 ppm and the Dakota Digital is setup for 8000 ppm. You could run the speedometer cable adapter since your car has both.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
What issue are you exactly having? With Dakota Digital VHX gauges in my SS I got the cruise to work fine, had to wire it a little different under the dash but the cluster won't recognize it and have the dash light up with the "cruise" light as it should. Not a huge deal to me so I left it for now, might re-visit it someday. The wiring in our cars for the gauge light to work isn't the same as they designed it. In that issue the PPM shouldn't have anything to do with it. Does your speedo work/read correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor