Dark claret and oxblood-same colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I have a 1980 Malibu with the trim code 79D dark claret interior colour. I know that later on, GM used a very similiar colour called oxblood on some of the G body cars. Does anyone know-is this the same colour with a different name? I'm trying to figure out if they match.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If you're talking about interiors like the 85+ Monte SS, that is a darker shade than the early cars.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
To me the earlier color is more purple hue in it, the later has more of a brown hue,

True, over the years and exposure to UV rays, the maroon vinyl pieces do tend to shift to blue, as do many older single stage red paints (nissans especially come to mind)

I would also agree that the later version is more toward the brown end of the spectrum, as reds go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor