dash help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttybuddyluva

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2011
anyone ever take out their dash? i wanna paint mine but dont kno gow hard it is.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Its actually pretty easy. When I took mine out it pretty much crumbled in my hands but the hardest part for me was the top driver side bolt (7 mm I think) was stripped out and it wouldnt come out. I think theres 4 bolts along the bottom, 1 in each lower corner and 1 on each side of the radio area. Then the little bastards on top and the steering column. BE VERY CAREFULL since your gonna reuse your dash as these become very brittle over the years. Good luck!

original442

Apprentice
Sep 11, 2010
Grand Prairie, Texas
yeah i took my dash out and replaced it with another one from a 4door....it was pretty easy for me because i went from left to right and top to bottom...take your time and keep up with everything...i still have to take it back out one day and paint it....i got pics of it somewhere on this forum...good luck dude

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
4 bolts up top 7mm and 3 on the bottom 10mm.. plus the wires have to be unhooked which is the pain in the @$$ of the whole process.. otherwise its easy!! ive been meaning to make a how to vid on that @ the junk yard

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
kuruption109 said:
4 bolts up top 7mm and 3 on the bottom 10mm.. plus the wires have to be unhooked which is the pain in the @$$ of the whole process.. otherwise its easy!! ive been meaning to make a how to vid on that @ the junk yard
X2 its a lot of wires being held onto the back of the dash with little wire clips. The first time I was careful & removed each screw holding the clip which was a pain in the a$$ & took forever. Th second, third & forth time I took a dash out I just broke the clips & had the dash out in 15 minutes max

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor