Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
cars005-1.jpg

cars006-1.jpg

so this big ball of wires leading to the computer, can i just cut them out? i just want to use the harness for all the lights, turn signals....on and on. but i do not need the computer for anything. i just want some advice on what on how i should go about removing all this mess. i have everything else labeled and disconnected.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Are you sure they all go to the computer? If you got them from behind the dash, the p/l and p/w wires run behind there along with speakers and lighting and maybe other stuff.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
When I removed my computer and un-necessary wiring, I had the entire dash out so I had easy access to unroll all the tape around the harness. I then started one by one at the computer and followed each wire to where it went and eliminated it. Then I wrapped the remainder of the harness back up and popped everything back together. I have an huge box full of wires that I pulled out of the two of my Olds'.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
can anyone tell me what i need and dont need on the fuse box? i got a huge mess of wires that are in a big rats nest!! i have the dash off, and a bunch of wires every where. where do i begin for separating all the computer junk out?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
v8power said:
can anyone tell me what i need and dont need on the fuse box? i got a huge mess of wires that are in a big rats nest!! i have the dash off, and a bunch of wires every where. where do i begin for separating all the computer junk out?

Do exactly as Blake said. Follow all of the wires that came from the computer connector and take them out.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
One wire at a time...
Start at your computer harness. Pick whatever wire you wish to begin. Clip that wire. Now follow it all the way to where ever it goes. Once you're there, clip it as far up as you can. Pull out the wire and throw it on the floor or where ever you feel like putting it (pile, box, garbage, etc...). Now go back to the computer and pick another wire, and repeat.

It takes a while, just follow every wire to and from the computer.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Uffff, I hate this part. Just like the guys said, I'd do it one at a time just to make sure you don't snip anything you need. That's how I did it on mine. Slow process man. Good luck V8

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
X2 midwestls, i hate this part too. Mine doesn't have a comp, but the last owner to my Bu cut so much stuff that i have wires dangling.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
thanks guys. im going to do this right and take my time. i dont mind wiring things, i got patience for it, i was just wondering if there was a easier way. lol i guess not! i will take some before and after pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor