Dashboard swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCit

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
North Jersey
Does any body know if a dashboard from an 81-87 grand prix will fit right into a 79 grand prix. Also are there any after market companys making lower door panels for the 79 GP.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
the dash should bolt in i seen a grand prix dash in a monte carlo before.the lower door panels i believe are the same as the rest of the g bodys.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
It sure will...same dash.
Why are you focusing on the later years? Same dash, except the attaching parts.
No repro door panels.....probably never will be....no volume.
Keep in mind, the earlier years GPs had unique lower panels with the stainless steel trim....somewhere in the early 80s they went to the same panels as all the other GM divisions....no protruding panel for switches.

BobCit

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
North Jersey
I focused on the later years because I have a GP dash from a newer GP some where between 81-87 . Not sure of the exact car year it came out of.
Would hate to tear the old dash out to find the replacement didnt fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor