Delay wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow! Just checked out your video...great job! It's nice to see that there's other viable alternatives out there. Again, I appreciate you detailing this endeavor and sharing it with the troop.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Will the wipers park against the stops below hood level like stock?

In this configuration, no. The 2000 Bonneville did not have parking wipers so the delay board does not have that option enabled.

However, a 2000 Pontiac Montana has a delay wiper system in a motor with the same mounting pattern. The difference is the delay board and the crank arm assembly. The board enables the parking feature and the crank arm assembly handles the parking movements without overstroking the wiper system. Unfortunately, i didn't find this setup until after I already purchased the Bonneville setup, but it looks like a fairly easy system to install. The only difference is a timing tab to actuate the crank arm cam needs added to the G-Body motor bracket.

I will probably try to change it later, but since we are under statewide quarantine, getting to the U-Pull is out of the question right now.

Here is a video showing the newer parking system.

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Well successes and failures today. I disassembled my column and installed the DS817 delay wiper switch. Was actually not a terrible job as long as you keep all your pieces in order. All the printing off of my old turn signal stalk is wore off, so I didn't even bother getting a new one with the delay printing on it.

The failure is that the way the delay switch is wired, I was unable to give the new motor a correct signal to let the delay work. I would either get low in all delay positions or I would have delay in the low position. It sucks, but I guess I will just have to find a correct delay board.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor