CHEVY Detent Cable Clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Almost finished doing my first carb swap, but the plastic clip to the detent cable going to my 700r4 broke.

Can anyone explain, preferably step by step how to get the new plastic piece on?

This is my daily driver, so for right now I have it tied to the carb with metal wire.

Attachments

• 0E6CC545-1A3E-4487-9BAA-F9B4C0883716.jpeg
    0E6CC545-1A3E-4487-9BAA-F9B4C0883716.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 67

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
No, I have ordered it though.
ok,i asked because a new cable is the better way to go to ensure there's no issue.you should be able to pass the end of the cable through the new plastic piece. try something like these cable clamps to keep the cable where it needs to be on the very end.not my first choice but it will work.

Reactions: 2 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Lay the cable on the slot cut in the plastic part with the swaged ball end above the large area of the plastic part.

Use outside snap ring pliers to open the slot up in the plastic part. (Yellow arrows.)

Push the cable in at number 1, leave the screwdriver in the slot to hold it open. Use second screw driver at 2 and then 3 on down the slot.

The key is the part needs to be hot, like 100 degrees or better. If it is cold you will likely crack the plastic part.

TV Cable End3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
ok,i asked because a new cable is the better way to go to ensure there's no issue.you should be able to pass the end of the cable through the new plastic piece. try something like these cable clamps to keep the cable where it needs to be on the very end.not my first choice but it will work.
This car is being parted out next year, or sold tbh so I honestly am not looking to go crazy here.

But I will keep that in mind for the next time I have to do this, cheers ahah!

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
From who did you source that cable end?

Nick
Fleabay, not trying to drive this car alot more, just getting me through the winter right now ctfu.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Look for an ATP YR-100. Summit and Rock Auto both carry them.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
This car is being parted out next year, or sold tbh so I honestly am not looking to go crazy here.

But I will keep that in mind for the next time I have to do this, cheers ahah!
cool,i totally get that.i only suggested that because the detent position is so important w/these od transmissions.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor