Detroit Diesels (pardon me :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey_schel

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Stratford, Ontario
Hey everyone,
my monte is always my first priority, however i've been looking at diesels lately to put in an old chev 1 ton, and came across the detroit two stroke diesels, like the 4-53t and 6v53. HOLY they sound amazing and the torque at even under 1000 rpm is rediculous! Anyone here have any experience with these monsters?

Joe

I drove a friends Cummins diesel and that thing is flat out MEAN! Always loved going to the drags watching two diesels pull off 11-12 seconds in the quarter. Looks like two locomotives going down the track when they put their trucks in AWD.

joey_schel said:
Hey everyone,
my monte is always my first priority, however i've been looking at diesels lately to put in an old chev 1 ton, and came across the detroit two stroke diesels, like the 4-53t and 6v53. HOLY they sound amazing and the torque at even under 1000 rpm is rediculous! Anyone here have any experience with these monsters?

Joe
this guy i worked with threw a 4-53 in a jeep it was putting out like 170hp and a lil over 400ft lbs at under 2500. but there aint nothin like a cummins. last i seen this guy he has a cummins turbo diesel in a 80 d series pickup. if i ever did a diesel swap i would go cat or cummins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor