Did any gbody wagons come with power windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryg

Greasemonkey
Jun 6, 2008
western Mass
I'm catching alot of flack about not allowing my dog into my Cutlass. He's a 120lb Rhodesian Ridgeback and does not understand the term "wait" when it comes to sitting in a car. He wants his window down, NOW, or else he tries to do it himself. Ofcourse he cant decide which side has the better view so its musical windows for me. Its not a big deal in my quad cab but theres no way he's going in the back seat of my cutlass where the windows dont operate at all. I was wondering if any wagons came with e windows for the back seat?

It sure would make my life easier and would allow me to use my car more often. I have a beautiful 84 cutlass I might trade for something like that too.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
power vent windows yes, but I don't think that's going to help the dog! :D

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
sure, but only the vents operate. The windows don't go down.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
seriously.

I'm not sure if you could attempt to adapt a sedan's mechanism and door channels to the wagon, but you're probably looking at a custom piece of glass, or at least cutting the sedan rear window to fit.

Perhaps you could remove the vent windows and adapt the sedan window and mechanism.

The rear sedan and wagon door seals aren't identical, though. That leads me to think there is some size difference between the two.

It should be a cheap and easy matter to buy a sedan rear door at a junkyard in order to test the fit. Or if you find one, a quick measurement might do the trick.

Oh, and the sedan's windows only go halfway down.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
sedan windows dont go down either

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
nope no 4dr malibu or wagon glass goes down it is fixed

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I had an Olds Cutlass sedan, and the windows went down half-way.

Attachments

• 100_4400.JPG
    100_4400.JPG
    795.4 KB · Views: 279

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Wants_a_wagon said:
The rear sedan and wagon door seals aren't identical, though. That leads me to think there is some size difference between the two.

Wagon doors and vent windows are about 1.5 inches taller than the sedans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor