What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Had to put troubleshooting on hold cause the ignition cylinder is acting up again, my buddy had a trick to shake the key up and and down to get it to unlock the column. I have not been quite as successful trying the last 2 nights, getting close to just breaking it
angry better call saul GIF

I bought a new GM one a couple years ago, I think it was only $30-40. And since it's separate from the locks it's one and done.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Absolute disaster.
Admittedly it could be worse, the transmission still works after replacing the pump gasket and o ring, so I didn't **** that up, but the crank case is full of water now. Buick 350s changed water port locations slightly in about 73, so perhaps those spare NOS headgaskets I have were the wrong year, coolant is even dripping down the China wall, so I'm hoping it's just an intake leak. It couldn't possibly be a cracked head or anything like that, it ran 100% fine no mixing of any sort before I tore it apart.

Pray for me please. Hah... hah... :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Sprayed the rockers, lower quarters and wheel well edges with this stuff:
40C767FA-73AB-4F4F-9625-C45606B0F739.jpeg

Do yourself a favor and get the spray gun kit.
This shouldn’t be allowed to be sold at auto parts stores.

Reactions: 6 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
View attachment 240878

What was the issue with it?
I have some currently sitting on my workbench waiting to be used on the backside of my front bumper. I’ll be applying it over epoxy, and I did indeed buy the matching shutz gun kit for it. Just screws right on the cans.

image.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's sheer marketing,they'll market anything in spray can with xyz claims/on their solid branded name and the average consumer doesn't have any reason to think it's anything other than glorified undercoat..buyer beware..

Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I got a little worried when I saw this:

1718578804656.jpeg

1718578835264.jpeg

I was a bit baffled as the engine was running strong on Friday. It turns out there was some oil leaking from the trunk from a quart of oil. Of course all fluids are removed from the trunk until summer is over. They are extremely pressurized due to the heat. All aerosol cans are also removed.
Another mystery solved.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So it sounds like it’s an application issue with the aerosol cans and not a product issue? I’ve never been a big fan of anything in a spray can.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
What was the issue with it?
I have some currently sitting on my workbench waiting to be used on the backside of my front bumper. I’ll be applying it over epoxy, and I did indeed buy the matching shutz gun kit for it. Just screws right on the cans.

View attachment 240879

So it sounds like it’s an application issue with the aerosol cans and not a product issue? I’ve never been a big fan of anything in a spray can.
Mostly this, the 2K cans of epoxy primer I’ve gotten from SparyMax were great, but this stuff? There’s enough pressure in this thing to revive a dead star! I ruined a pair of shorts because of how this stuff sprays.
Mere mortals shouldn’t have access to this kind of power!
it's sheer marketing,they'll market anything in spray can with xyz claims/on their solid branded name and the average consumer doesn't have any reason to think it's anything other than glorified undercoat..buyer beware..
These 2K cans have reliably been the real deal in the past for me, I don’t have reason to believe that this will be any different, but that’s only because of the stuff that’s splattered on my person and the pair of shorts I ruined 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I was able to do some welding today! I had a line issue on the welder while in the process but I figured it out. All I can say is it's not bad for a first timer learning from video's. There are some holes I have to go back and get to not to mention the holes I blew through the panel. I know I could have done this better. . . It's all apart of getting experience as few would say. Still one more piece that I will have to angle in on the under side. It is painted (temporary) to keep the patch from rusting. Tomorrow is supposed to be as windy as yesterday.

20240616_122516[1].jpg

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor