EC72EE01-2BF7-444D-AE30-9FCEF10FD5CE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Actually, now that I think about it, I did sort of name my Monte. We have, up here, something called plate to owner, meaning that, as car succeeds car, the plate hangs around instead of going with the vehicle when it gets sold or yarded. The plates on the Monte started their life with my first new car, a 1975 Monza V-8 4-spd that was a special order car. I got ten years out of it before the body grew so cancer ridden that I sold it off. The new owner didn't want the motor so I retrieved it and it went into my second car and my first Monte, a 1978 that I bought in 88. The V-6 that it had was on on its last legs; so bad that I had to run straight 50W in minus 30 degree winter just to get some oil pressure!! That Monte passed away around 2005 or so, got 17 more years out of it with the 262 in the engine bay. Fun. The body was so done that it fell off. Parted it and sent most of the corpse to the crusher. Did keep the motor, my faithful 262, and the TH350 and the 10 bolt, think the suspension too, they all will fit what i have now if necessary so they got kept. The motor is a dolly girl. It would need a total rebuild now, As it was, I always kept a pair of plugs handy as the back two cylinders had a tendency to oil up and start to misfire. Guides had had the biscuit.

My current Monte inherited the plates from my previous Monte and wears them to this day.

The Name? Well given the era and the music and the alpha prefixes, it was only appropriate that since the plates came as "JNE *****, she became "JENNIE." Any Tommy Tutone references are purely coincidental.

Nick

Reactions: 3 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Actually, now that I think about it, I did sort of name my Monte. We have, up here, something called plate to owner, meaning that, as car succeeds car, the plate hangs around instead of going with the vehicle when it gets sold or yarded. The plates on the Monte started their life with my first new car, a 1975 Monza V-8 4-spd that was a special order car. I got ten years out of it before the body grew so cancer ridden that I sold it off. The new owner didn't want the motor so I retrieved it and it went into my second car and my first Monte, a 1978 that I bought in 88. The V-6 that it had was on on its last legs; so bad that I had to run straight 50W in minus 30 degree winter just to get some oil pressure!! That Monte passed away around 2005 or so, got 17 more years out of it with the 262 in the engine bay. Fun. The body was so done that it fell off. Parted it and sent most of the corpse to the crusher. Did keep the motor, my faithful 262, and the TH350 and the 10 bolt, think the suspension too, they all will fit what i have now if necessary so they got kept. The motor is a dolly girl. It would need a total rebuild now, As it was, I always kept a pair of plugs handy as the back two cylinders had a tendency to oil up and start to misfire. Guides had had the biscuit.

My current Monte inherited the plates from my previous Monte and wears them to this day.

The Name? Well given the era and the music and the alpha prefixes, it was only appropriate that since the plates came as "JNE *****, she became "JENNIE." Any Tommy Tutone references are purely coincidental.

Nick
867 -5….. lol
Actually Forrest Gump jumped into my mind
…” I’m not a smart man Jennie…”

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
My car was named for me as the coyote mobile. My first car was a 79 cutlass brown color with a big wile e coyote hanging from my rear view mirror. The name stuck stuck so I kept it for my current build. Wile e is resting till my build is done and he can return to the car.

My absolute favorite cartoon character of all time. Super genius!

• Love

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
My car was named for me as the coyote mobile. My first car was a 79 cutlass brown color with a big wile e coyote hanging from my rear view mirror. The name stuck stuck so I kept it for my current build. Wile e is resting till my build is done and he can return to the car.

My absolute favorite cartoon character of all time. Super genius!
I’ve seen a hood ornament with wile e holding onto an acme (I assume) rocket for dear life
You gonna need that for sure lol

Attachments

• E04A68A6-060A-4DE3-A0B4-A2DA063D4C02.png
    E04A68A6-060A-4DE3-A0B4-A2DA063D4C02.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Haha
  • Love

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
LIttle known fact but the Roadrunner owned majority shares in the ACME company, what he didn't have, I think old Bugs hisself had the balance. Old Wile E was doomed to fail from the get go. He needed another supplier.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
LIttle known fact but the Roadrunner owned majority shares in the ACME company, what he didn't have, I think old Bugs hisself had the balance. Old Wile E was doomed to fail from the get go. He needed another supplier.
I always wanted to throttle that skinny bird ..
Wile e should have had him on the grille long ago ;-)

• Haha

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Mine is also named Betty White

She is wrapped in white vinyl

So she is old, white, and wrinkly, thus very similar to Betty White.

Side note - I did not name cars until I met my wife.. she names all her cars. She has a 2014 Jeep Cherokee (little Cherokee, not Grand) and she named it Jasper.. she said "it's a Jeep so it's gotta be boy... But he is kind of girly, I'll name him Jasper, that sounds like a name a gay guy would have"

I recently bought a beater for work, so it got named Chris Brown (I named this one), I still have to go get the custom plate for it CRSBRWN. I found another one like my beater in amazing shape recently and I wanted to buy it just so I could part them in the driveway side by side, one with the tag of CRSBRWN and the other RIHANNA.

My Ram got named Christian because it's gray and can be domineering.

My wife is weird sometimes. Lol.
Finally made it to the tag office.. official like a referee whistle. Beater is now tagged with corresponding plate.
PXL_20211223_183048879.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor