Did you name your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Being that these are the Cars I grew up around. I decided to name my car Sara after the 80's Jefferson Starship song. Seemed fitting.

Reactions: 3 users

Swindells

Apprentice
Jun 22, 2019
Always refer to the car as a female
But never gave any thought to naming it

She is a cutlass and I do refer to her as the old slutty from time to time though
😂👊🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
In the old Warner Cartoons, Wile E catching the roadrunner was never an option. Evil was never allowed to triumph over good in the funny papers.

However, there actually was a short lived millennial cartoon series that featured Bugs and the crew that had an episode where Wile E did manage to catch and eat the bird. Happens right at the beginning of the 'toon and the rest of it is all about the angst and regret the coyote starts to feel because he now has no meaning in life and how he goes downhill from there. Vey weird but neat in its own right. Not sure where you'd find it, those versions were very scarce and limited and only ran for a few years before being shelved. They were done in Korea or somewhere over there; almost the entire roll of credits were for asian technicians.

And now there is a new third generation of Bugs, and yes old Wile E is among the crew. Cartoon Network runs them periodically, think tonight at some time. Beep, Beep!!

Nick
I loved those old cartoons. Marvin the Martian, etc

• Agree

Rolloutcarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2022
image.jpg

• Creative

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Unless being inside a dude is your thing. . .
I have named my 85 Grand Prix - Samantha aka: SAM for short since day one (1). Everyone knows that when I talk about Sam, it refers to the Grand Prix.
I cant wait to bring her out as she has been in the garage since October. The weather is still unsettled here in Long Island.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Totally apropos of nothing, seem to recollect that Americans use the she/her pronoun when referring to boats while the the Russkies use he/him. Just a small bit of completely useless trivia to ignore as necessary.

Nick

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Silver car is Edwina. Named due to the guy who owned it before I got it from Rob Vazanna in the greater Boston area. His name was Eddie and Rob used to call it the Eddie car. So, Edwina it is. I actually knew an Edwina when I was growing up. We called her Winna. So, that's the silver car story. I have yet to come up with something for the '70...

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I would name my Monte Carlo....body shop...because that's where it's been for 3 years. I hope my Regal doesn't torture me like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor