OLDS Differences between H/O hood and stock hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
There's been some talk about the differences between the two hoods, H/O and stock over the years. Both hoods have different part numbers so whats difference. I had discussion with 69hurstolds about it, on the H/O hood there some reinforcement plus one of the holes is not punch out for the hood trim. The stock hood does have that hole punched out but doesn't have the reinforcements. Ok, that reinforcement and no hole on the H/O hood information has been around for years but I never seen and or what it really looks like until yesterday.

I do have a bone stock low mileage 84 Hurst, never been in a wreck and I am the second owner and built the second week of January of 84. Curious of what this reinforcement looked like I had taken the hood pad off very easy to put back on again. This is what I found and found more. Picture of the gray/silver hood is a stock hood I got online since I didn't have one to compare.
Picture of the black hood is mine and original to the car when it was born.

Stock hood

$_59.JPG

My hood
20211106_182813.jpg

Passenger side of my hood, what you see circled is the reinforcement. Its tacked welded on. Stock hood doesn't have this.
20211106_195755.jpg

Driver side of my hood, what is circled is the reinforcement tack welded. Stock hood doesn't have this.
20211106_195837.jpg

As you can see in second picture of my hood there is pieces of tape that C&C left behind. I had lifted one of them and found this under it. Yes a punched hole that is used on a stock hood. There's been talk over the years about this hole should not be there on an H/O hood well I have one with reinforcements. Was there a change in the beginning of January of 84 on the hoods, good question.

20211106_183251.jpg

20211107_100359.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor