DIPSTICK TUBE QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

87bucketgta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2010
Hello everyone I have an 83 ho all stock. Yesterday I was changing the starter and I noticed the dipstick leaking alittle where it goes into the block. I was going to try to take it out but couldnt get it to budge how does it go in and out. Do I need to replace the tube or does it have an oring on the end?? Hope this isnt to stupid of a question. Thanks in advance

ohioelcamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
im assuming you took the bolt out where it holds to the transmission. they can be a little stubborn at times, all there is on it is a o-ring . just try turning it back and forth a little while pushing up on it and it should come out.

87bucketgta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2010
ohioelcamino said:
im assuming you took the bolt out where it holds to the transmission. they can be a little stubborn at times, all there is on it is a o-ring . just try turning it back and forth a little while pushing up on it and it should come out.
transmission?? Im not talking about the transmission tube, the one for the Engine oil

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The Olds dipstick is pressed in and is in there quite far. There is no O-ring and they are notorious for breaking.

Coming from somebody that broke one on his 307, I would just leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor