HELP Disc Brake Conversion Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
I would say it will. Are you running rear discs also? You can have the Riv master if you want it. I can meet you in Bay City at Walgreens or something and you can have it. I would just have to take it.off the car first.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
I would say it will. Are you running rear discs also? You can have the Riv master if you want it. I can meet you in Bay City at Walgreens or something and you can have it. I would just have to take it.off the car first.
If you take it off I would be interested in it. My car actually has aluminum rear drums that I plan on trying.

The car is in paint so I won’t need it for a while but would gladly take it off your hands.

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
I haven't been doing a whole lot on my car because of the cold. Plus I'm not excited about bleeding the brakes for about the sixth time. I swear every time I go to the parts store they must be thinking, "I'll be he's here for brake fluid".
Post a message when you are ready for it and we'll set it up. Otherwise it's just going in a box somewhere in my garage. There must be a private message feature on this forum.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I haven't been doing a whole lot on my car because of the cold. Plus I'm not excited about bleeding the brakes for about the sixth time. I swear every time I go to the parts store they must be thinking, "I'll be he's here for brake fluid".
Post a message when you are ready for it and we'll set it up. Otherwise it's just going in a box somewhere in my garage. There must be a private message feature on this forum.
Upper right hand corner of the page is an envelope. That accesses "conversations"- private messages. Alternately, you can hover or click on the signature of the person you want to message and "start a conversation" will pop up.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Actually, I still wasn't satisfied, so I got the 1.125" bore all iron master from a 80 trans am. I haven't put it in yet because it's been colder than hell here in Michigan. Hopefully third time is a charm. The Riviera MC gave me brakes, but I still wasn't satisfied with the pedal feel. I'll update this post once I get this one on. I have to replace the old leaking 605 steering gear too, so it might be a little while.
Hmm. I wonder if it felt atypical because of the stock front brakes. From the looks of it you increased the need for rear volume but maintaining the stock MC need for the fronts. We put the Riviera MC on and it was a perfect pedal with C6 calipers up front and Seville calipers in the rear. 1/2 pedal travel will lock up all 4. On the street it worked great with 26." tires all around and at the track we put 28" rear tires on. It worked even better with the taller tires in the rear.
I put blazer brakes on the front of my 78 Malibu, wondering if that RIV master would benefit my setup vs the stock master.
I'm sure it would. We started with the stock small bore pre '81 MC and the pedal was deeeeeeep. It made me uncomfortable when standing on the pedal. The Riviera MC made it feel (travel) the same as stock. At 70-80mph it would lock them up at 1/2 pedal travel.

Good luck to both of you - Jim

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor